PDA

View Full Version : Prayer for Our Troops

carrot red
07-19-2003, 01:25 PM
Baghdad, Iraq - A U.S. soldier was fatally shot guarding a bank in the capital Saturday. It brought to 149 the number of U.S. personnel killed in combat since the March 20 start of the war — two more than the 1991 Gulf War total for U.S. deaths in combat.

It seems as each day passes that yet another human soul defending our country is taken from this Earth. Please join along in a prayer for our troops overseas, our brothers and sisters, our mothers and fathers, cousins, nieces and nephews... Just a prayer, in whatever form or fashion, to show your sympathy and support - whether you believe in the cause or not.
Nobody's life is worth taking- not an Iraqi's nor one of our soldier's.

Thank you and God bless.

moocow
07-19-2003, 01:36 PM
/me hates it when people die :(

My heart goes out to the troops and their families.

Jigglysaint
07-19-2003, 01:47 PM
Admist the personal wars I've been having, I'm still glad to know that out there, people are fighting causes that are worth defending.

I'm not American, but they are still part of the human race, and last I checked that still matters.

fatcatfan
07-19-2003, 01:51 PM
got this update from my friend in Baghdad: "Here's some other interesting news. We were on the receiving end of a small mortar attack last night. Just two rounds. They hit about 800m away from where I was. Needless to say I was a bit freaked out."

TheGeepster
07-20-2003, 07:41 AM
A lot of work remains to be done in Iraq if we want to avoid setting up another terroristic regime, either directly, or by our lack of drive to finish the task at hand.

God bless our troops who are over there.

CrAcKeR
07-21-2003, 03:48 PM
troops are great..they die for out contry. if u dont respect that..i dont know what to think bout u..but all my pryaers go to the troops