PDA

View Full Version : Xenosaga - Buy it!

Master Ghaleon
07-18-2003, 02:52 AM
Let me tell you. The game kicks major ass. Even the Cutscenes are wonderful. Ive been playing this game for over 11 hours in 2 days already!! The graphics are killer and Kos-Mos :drool: damn shes hot!

Anyone else played this game before? If so, how would you rate this game ?

If you havent played this game, go buy it!! It was 29.95 at Gamestop. Its worth it

Brasel
07-18-2003, 02:56 AM
I've seen you guys obsessing over it in chat...I tried to find it to rent today, but Blockbuster didn't have it, so I got Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter instead. I'm going to look for it elsewhere.

stormwatcheagle
07-18-2003, 03:01 AM
I heard that the game played out like a movie and there wasn't much playing. But, the good art and giant robots are a plus. What's your whole take on the game, Master?

Master Ghaleon
07-18-2003, 01:42 PM
Yea there is alot of cutscenes in it. But once you get so far in it. The point where im at now I have a EVS(Environmental Simulator) Which is something where you can revisit places that you have already been too. In case you did get an Item or you wanna go level up or something. Which is pretty cool.

There are different ways to level up.

T. Points - Tech Points
E. Points - Either Points
S. Points - Skill Points

You can pretty much customise your Robot which is awesome. Put a weapon on either arm, shoulders or even as a backyup weapon behind his arm.

Im only so far in the game, so I cant comment on much else. But I ran acrossed something weird. After I got the EVS, I went to Kos-Mos Simulator and went into the Building to the north. I walk up the stairs an goto the left towards that control room(I guess thats what it is) and i pressed O to open it. It didnt open the first time, it acted like I talked to it. The message was in Jap or Chinese and it was just one line long. Has this happened to anyone else? I hasnt happened to me agian.

Well back to playng it before I goto work :)

Blonde799
07-18-2003, 03:47 PM
I'm about 17+ hours into the game, and I can safely say that about half that time was probably watching cutscenes, that's how much there were in the game(it is a dual layered DVD). But don't worry, there's a lot of combat to be had as well.

Also, know how the entire game works, before you play it. Why you ask? Because it's almost essential to learn how to use the boost system and augment your characters against the later bosses, which can deal a great amount of damage if you're not prepared, even with A.G.W.S.

DarkDragoonX
07-18-2003, 04:06 PM
DO NOT BUY IT! IT SUCKS DICK!

I was one of the unfortunates that bought it on the release date. At first, I thought it was pretty cool. Sure, there were a ton of cutscenes in the beginning, but that will change soon... okay, I'm sure the sutscenes will end soon... any time now, the cutscenes have to end...

Fuck, it isn't even a GAME. The combat system is very clunky compared to Xenogears (one of Squaresoft's only good games, incidentally), and frankly there isn't much to explore. You spend about 2 hours inone small cramed area, leveling up and getting money by fighting the same enemies over and over, then you have to sit and watch cutscenes for literally HOURS AT A TIME. If you skip the cutscenes, the game is only about 10 hours long.

But the fact is, there is very little substance to go with the glamour. You spend a minimal amount of time fighting, and the time you DO spend fighting is against the same enemies in an area over and over and over and over.

If I wanted to watch a movie, I'D WATCH A FUCKING MOVIE.

vegeta1215
07-19-2003, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by DarkDragoonX
If I wanted to watch a movie, I'D WATCH A FUCKING MOVIE.

Sadly, I think many games are going this way. (I've heard many say this about FFX) So much time is put into the graphics and cinema scenes nowadays, it makes you wonder if they even think gameplay or story is important anymore. I'd rather have a 16 bit game with good gameplay and a good story than a next gen console game with flashy graphics and played like watching a movie.

Master Ghaleon
07-20-2003, 09:14 PM
FFX was the only FF game I ever played and I actually liked it. Til my first PS2 broke then I sold everything which was stupid because I bought a Gamecube and ending up selling that and got a PS2 agian. Im telling you, for 30 dollars this game is a steal. If you like cutscenes and are patient enough to sit and watch them. This game is for you. These cutscenes arent just crap, they are pretty cool with some comedy in them.

idontknow
07-20-2003, 10:31 PM
i like this game too--some of the scenes i got kinda i'mpatient with & some of this were really fruity (like the one in the forest lke) but it was nice to see the cut scenes the first time around--however, when playing a second time, it got really annoying--in the options menu, they should have an option that allows you to manually skip cutscenes via a button--one advantage of cutscenes though is you could leave them running & have a short bathroom break :) too bad i don't have internet connection to play final fantasy XI--wonder when FFXII comes out :O

ok, back to what this thread is all about--what is xenosaga? i saw some ads for it & i've seen the box & it doesn't look anything special--isn't it a cartoon--it looks kinda stupid--well, what kind of game is it & is it really worth buying?

Blonde799
07-21-2003, 06:37 AM
If you've ever played Xenogears for the PS, then count Xenosaga as sort of a sequel in the Xeno universe. It's an RPG, with some of gears' play mechanics intact, along with new ones like the boost system and heavy character augmentation. Xenosaga does have some long and sometimes boring cutscenes, but you're given a chance to skip them if you wish.

DarkDragoonX
07-21-2003, 03:38 PM
1. Xenosaga is a PREQUEL. Xenosaga is actually episode 5 or 6 (I can't remember which, exactly).

2. The system totally blows compared to Xenogears (of course, that's just my personal opinion).

3. Yeah, you can skip the cutscenes, but then you don't know exactly what's going on, and the game is reduced to ten hours.

They had better put more GAME into episode two.

Blonde799
07-21-2003, 03:42 PM
I never said it was an actual sequel, and change that ex. mark to a 1.:tongue:

DarkDragoonX
07-21-2003, 04:03 PM
But the exclamation point gave it so much flair. :(