PDA

View Full Version : XP Zelda Classic emergency

zoso5725
07-17-2003, 11:13 PM
I need some help with Zelda Classic. I have an HP Pavilion running Windows XP. HP did not write drivers for any other operating system for this machine. I have a Saitek P880 game controller that works with other games on this machine. I have tried Zelda Classic 1.90 & 1.84, I cannot find a downloadable version of 1.92. My problem is that Zelda Classic does not SEE my game controller. I am in need of a Zelda fix but playing Zelda with the keyboard takes all of the fun out of it not to mention that it's almost impossible to do. PLEASE help me if you think you have a solution to my problem. Thank You, Richard Scott Zelinger.
[email protected]

Manny
07-17-2003, 11:31 PM
Hmm, I *think* this belongs in the bug forums, but regardless. I had the same problem, but what i did was I left the controller plugged in and then rebooted. worked fine after that. And there are d/l versions of 1.92 betas on the frozen topics in the forums. Could be different though, depending on your controller. What kind is it, USB or standard?

zoso5725
07-17-2003, 11:57 PM
Thank you Manny, First I found 1.92, Next, Ive tried the reboot and the closest that I got was a startup menu that was for configuration of a game controller, but it did not see my controller. I should also mention that I have tried many different controllers all are USB as this machine does not have a game port.

Brasel
07-18-2003, 12:16 AM
I think my controller still works with ZC fine, and I run a similar system as you. But then again...I have a sidewinder that uses a midi port, which I had custom built into my computer, because midi ports for controllers are so much better than USB controllers.

I don't know if ZC recognizes USB controllers or not. I'll have to check. I'll get back to you in a while.

*I just checked on my USB controller and it doesn't seem to recognize it. I can't confirm that ZC doesn't recognize USB at all, so I'd wait until an authority says something.

zoso5725
07-18-2003, 02:08 AM
Sir Anthony, Much thanks for taking this problem to heart. What is a midi port can one be externally pluged into another port? What system do you own is it a laptop?

Brasel
07-18-2003, 02:14 AM
Actually, a midi port is just a standard old type of joystick/auxiliary port that older computers had. My computer is a desktop Pavillion, so a midi port wasn't hard to get installed. 15 extra bucks at the maximum, but it was a year ago when I got this puppy so I don't exactly remember the cost. I'm not sure if you can get an external one for a laptop. I wouldn't think so, but you never know. Next time you're at Best Buy, ask a tech there, they'd know.

Manny
07-18-2003, 03:07 AM
my setup is a little different. I have a USB PSX converter, where I use a PSX controller converted through my USB port. I couldn't get it to work on ZC, but after rebooting while leaving the controller in it seemed to work after that. Slightly different setup, but yea, thats what did the trick for me. i'm on a HP Vectra PC, upgraded to windows. Wish i could elaborate more but thats pretty much the basis of what I did. Hope you work out your problems soon.

-manny

MottZilla
07-19-2003, 04:02 AM
I use my USB PSX convertor for PC like manny however I never had a problem with ZC. It always worked. However it only recognizes like the first 6 or 8 buttons. Kinda a drag.

And in DOS only 4 buttons are recognized! Ofcourse, I don't use the DOS version anymore.