PDA

View Full Version : EA are a load of .............

dEaD_mAn_WaLkIn
07-16-2003, 08:14 AM
Ea games are making their bond games worse by the title!

take Agent Under Fire. Crap

then NightFire. Crap

now Everything or Nothing (comin out). looks crap!

why cant they make a decent James Bond 007 game since goldenye, even though RARE made that

Jawa Podracer
07-16-2003, 08:46 AM
I thought NightFire was atually good. Then again, I never played Goldeneye, so meh.

Petoe
07-16-2003, 09:03 AM
I totally agree with the thread starter. EA games are crap, and have always been crap (expect the early NHL games). I've decided not to buy any EA games ever again.

HarryPotter007
07-16-2003, 10:13 AM
I only have a couple of EA games, Agent Under Fire and Harry Potter and the Chamber of secrets and do like the both of them.

I have to say that EA is starting to create games that are too easy and shitty and really sucks. Could it be of their budget cut or are they trying to help lazy people beat the games?

mike5000
07-16-2003, 11:22 AM
I hate how Ea has desroyed the Sims Series.... There Tech support is shit! When the first sims came out It worked fine, but all there expansions dont work right for me.. (game randomly closes on me) and in the tech support email, they pretty much told me im S.O.L.... I have done Everything in there knowledge base. When they emailed me back they send this trouble shooter tool whitch checks my system stats, and It read everything wrong! Ea are a bunch of fuck ups...

idontknow
07-16-2003, 02:45 PM
i agree that EA games aren't really good--their sports game are just mediocre and their bond games are herendous!!! my bro has night fire for x box, and i regritably got agent under fire for ps2...what a waste of money!!! only 12, very easy level, and each cheat you get is very easy--there's absolutely no replay value & the multiplayer gets old fast too! i also bought NASCAR Thunder, the shittiest racing game out there to date (in my opinion--oh, is that what this "IMO" that keep seeing means?) well, i don't even know how to steer the damn cars & i always lose--about the only ps2 game from EA games that i like is Tiger Woods Golf (i think its called that) but i haven't played it in awhile

bigjoe
07-16-2003, 03:39 PM
Sims Online... blegh!!! EA SUX!

Blonde799
07-16-2003, 04:50 PM
Ah, if only FRD got the rights to make a bond game.:p

I never really liked EA's bond games either. Ever since Goldeneye, every bond game I've played has been a downgrade. AUF's multiplayer was kinda nice, like the low gravity and weapons, but I think lack of bot support and small map size killed it for me.:p I particularly didn't like the vehicle levels either. They were the hardest of the bunch of levels, for all the wrong reasons. And they have the rights to make bond games for over 5 years....:cry:

redmage777
07-16-2003, 05:05 PM
Maybe EA should put out an ad... Will make Licenced games... Cheep."

It seems to me thats what they do. Sports, Harry Potter, Jaims Bond... Do they have anything origenal? Or maybe they do, its just even less note worthy then thier Licencend and sports stuff. Hey at least the Licenced games have the stuff they are Licenced from to get our attention. Honestly I've found nothing EA has done to be worthey of my attention.

If I was a writer, producer or what not, and some one wanted to make a game based on what I made, you bet I would Insist on being a key member of the Design team!

bigjoe
07-17-2003, 02:22 AM
Yet they glamour and flatter themselves by calling their games "award-winning". What awards did they win??

Swiftwind
07-17-2003, 12:45 PM
the worst game ever award probably

linkofzelda1
07-18-2003, 09:59 PM
I will agree with The Sims debate; i thought it was good when Livin Large and House Party came out, but jesus people: You have gone too far... it has what, six expansion packs now?! They recently came out with a superstar one...how could that be different from Livin Large or House Party?

However, i do think NightFire was a good game. The single player was good, and the multiplayer was awesome. That's my opinion though.

Warlock
07-20-2003, 12:24 AM
Dude, you are just now figuring out EA games are crap? :D haha.. welcome to last millenium :D

Actually, I will say I do like the SSX games however, but that's where I draw the line. They just produce so much crap I couldn't care less about the company :D

I will also say I loath them for producing Black & White, the most god-aweful game that got so $@%!!#! spectacular reviews that prompted me to actually buy the POS.. The game just SUCKED.. it's terrible! They must have sent a free $1000 bribe with each review copy or something.. I mean, it was fun for a couple hours, then you realize that the stuff you've been doing is all there is to the game! There is no substance! Toss grain at village, blow village up, run out of lumber, watch your creature do something stupid and never listen to you, deal with bugs, etc etc.. Although I did like finding plagued grain and then just infecting every village I saw just for the hell of it :D haha..

Brasel
07-20-2003, 12:36 AM
EA only does one franchise well: Sports. And even lately, they've been faltering there. I mean, the Sims is an okay game, but EA wasn't the original company for it. They bought Maxis out a long time ago...and is anyone else getting this horrible lag on the forums today?

redmage777
07-20-2003, 10:24 AM
And Too Bad I can care less about sports... Well If Crap sells, why bother making anything good? A perfect example of Profit before the quality the earns profit.

Grasshopper
07-20-2003, 12:04 PM
They just produce some of these game you mention though. Its not like make them all. And what about the Medal of Honor series? Aren't they good? And I have Clive Barker's Undying which is one of the best FPS games I've played.

Master Ghaleon
07-20-2003, 10:11 PM
I love the sports games from EA sports, but everything else is shit

Grasshopper
07-21-2003, 10:35 AM
Also along with the games I mentioned earlier, what about Battlefield 1942, or Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, and Return of the King. Then you have C & C Generals. And Freedom Force is a cool game as well.

Alot of games that arn't sports is mostly Harry, Bond, Sims, NFS. But theres a bunch good games if you look hard enough.