PDA

View Full Version : Flame of Darkness glitches

Drakmyth
07-15-2003, 01:10 PM
Hey guys. There are some glitches in a quest I'm making and I was hoping you could hlp me fix them. Get the quest at http://mywebpages.comcast.net/shaun.hamman/Misc/fod.qst. Make sure you get the sword in the first house and go right first in the mansion. Thanks for your help.

Drakmyth
07-16-2003, 03:11 AM
So can anybody help me with these problems?

Cloral
07-16-2003, 04:03 AM
Please don't post twice in a row. use the 'edit' button instead.

And if you want help, it would be a good idea to point out in your post where in your quest the glitches are. In fact, if you describe them, we can likely explain how to fix them without even having to open the quest.

Drakmyth
07-16-2003, 01:32 PM
Does the edit button bump the topic? Well, one reason I did it this way is because I also wanted an opinion on how I have done so far but...

1.) When walking in shallowing water, instead of ripples at Link's feet there are two cycling hearts. (Note that this quest uses BS animation, it's the pure tileset.)

2.) The magic wand doesn't shoot magic! I have magic enabled on the quest rules but nothing... (wand uses magic is also selected)

3.) exiting the first house makes link appear outside the house rather than walking out the door.

4.) Can't leave the mansion (I know how to fix this I just haven't gotten around to it.)

I think that's all for glitches. I also have a few questions.

1.) How do I get a chest to appear when you light the four torches? (classic zelda puzzle in any game LTTP and up)

2.) Can I make super bombs go to the next tile combo rather than the special combo?

3.) What is the best way to create a chest?

4.) How do I make the boss SFX on Aquamentus (miniboss) go away after he is defeated?

5.) Is it possible to lift rocks?

6.) If so... how?

Thanks for all your help.

me2
07-16-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Drakmyth
Does the edit button bump the topic? Well, one reason I did it this way is because I also wanted an opinion on how I have done so far but...

[B]1.) When walking in shallowing water, instead of ripples at Link's feet there are two cycling hearts. (Note that this quest uses BS animation, it's the pure tileset.)

Did you go to Quest > Graphics > Sprites > Weapons/Misc. and set the sprite titles?

2.) The magic wand doesn't shoot magic! I have magic enabled on the quest rules but nothing... (wand uses magic is also selected)

You need the Magic book, I think.

3.) exiting the first house makes link appear outside the house rather than walking out the door.

you need to make the combo "stairs" that looks like the entrance to "cave".

4.) Can't leave the mansion (I know how to fix this I just haven't gotten around to it.)

I think that's all for glitches. I also have a few questions.

1.) How do I get a chest to appear when you light the four torches? (classic zelda puzzle in any game LTTP and up)

I'm not sure if this would work, but...
1.) make the torches have the flag "burn" . go to Data > Combos and put the burning torch on "burn".
2.) where the chest would be, put the secret combo 0 flag (or "16") there. then go to combos. click the Secret combo square 1 and put the same tile that was under the Secret Combo flag there. then hold "Ctrl" and press the same square. Flags appear!
3.) now, choose Secret Combo 2. Press "ok" and choose Secret Combo square 2. do the same thing as you did in step 2. now hold ctrl and click the 2 square. choose Secret Combo 3. do the same.
4.) Now, choose Secret Combo 4. but instead of doing the floor tile, choose the treasure chest tile.
5.) Go to idontknow's tutorial and learn how to make a chest. (Go to "Quest editor help" and choose the first topic there. )

2.) Can I make super bombs go to the next tile combo rather than the special combo?

dunno what you mean. :shrug:

3.) What is the best way to create a chest?

Go to idontknow's tutorial and learn how to make a chest. (Go to "Quest editor help" and choose the first topic there. )

4.) How do I make the boss SFX on Aquamentus (miniboss) go away after he is defeated?

doesn't it do that automatically?

5.) Is it possible to lift rocks?

no.

6.) If so... how?

no.

Thanks for all your help.

Ielen
07-16-2003, 11:45 PM
The magic wand doesn't shoot magic! I have magic enabled on the quest rules but nothing... (wand uses magic is also selected)

You need to use a Magic Container then the magic bar will appear.

When Link exits out of the House, he will appear where you placed the blue color Entrance/Exit Warp.

Cloral
07-17-2003, 02:49 AM
For Link to appear to walk out of the house, you need to make sure that the door combo is a 'cave 2'. Then, you place the blue square directly above the door and Link will then walk out of it.