PDA

View Full Version : Imports

The Savior
07-14-2003, 11:47 PM
On a console-modding site, I saw a picture of limited edition GBASP that was orange and shiny, and highly sexy. After some looking around, it seems that it is a Japan only Pokemon promotional item. So I check on Lik-Sang, and they have it on sale for... <puts finger to lip a-la Dr. Evil> two hundred dollars! EBay is no cheaper, and I can only find it elsewhere for $195. I want one of these beasts, but I'm not about to shell out double the going rate of a standard SP for one. Does anyone have any suggestions for sites that may have it cheaper?

[Edit] According to this (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/) page, it's comming to the US later this month, and for the price of a normal GBA. :thumbsup:

Yoshiman
07-15-2003, 08:26 AM
I've seen that before. It has a shilloette (sp) of Torchic on the back of the screen in case you couldn't tell. I'm just fine with my cobalt GBA SP though.

Jawa Podracer
07-15-2003, 10:33 AM
Well, it looks awesome. If you do plan to purchase the Japanese one(which is stupid, since it's coming to the US in about 10-15 days), at least there's no regional lockout, meaning you don't need a Freeloader/modchip to play Japanese or PAL games.

vegeta1215
07-15-2003, 03:03 PM
There's a dark red colored GBA SP coming out too, along with a black one. I might get the red one.

I was also thinking about importing Magical Vacation. Even though I wouldn't be able to follow the story, I really wanna play it. Why doesn't Nintendo bring it over here!?!?

Jawa Podracer
07-15-2003, 03:49 PM
I think you might mean the Boktai: The Sun is in Your Hands GBASP. It's both red-and-black, and looks awesome. I really want it.

The Savior
07-15-2003, 03:52 PM
No, there is a shiny red one that's coming out soon.