PDA

View Full Version : need ideas for certain flags...

idontknow
07-14-2003, 07:00 PM
i need some ideas for how to use certain flags in a very neat way--particularly, not very popular flags--nobody has every really made mention of the "reflected fireball", "reflected magic", "wand", or "hammer" flags. anybody have any ideas as to how these can be used in puzzles? (especially the first two, relfected fireballs & magic). i also need ideas regarding the magic combos; magic prism-3 way, magic sponge, magic mirror /, magic mirror +, etc. If anyone has any ideas as to how to use these, ever so unpopular combos/flags, please let me know. Thanks!

System Error
07-14-2003, 08:19 PM
Make a dungeon where the special treasure is the mirror shield, and you have to bounce Magic off it effectively to activate switches to open doors. :D

Jigglysaint
07-14-2003, 08:27 PM
Or make a custom boss that is only weak against reflected shots.

I did make a room using 1.90 where you had to reflect zora's fireballs at other enemies to destroy them to move onward.

Dart Zaidyer
07-14-2003, 08:50 PM
Reflected fireball... Hmm. The first thing that comes to mind is doing a custom boss Agahnim/Phantom Ganon.

idontknow
07-15-2003, 06:08 PM
i think there should be a new type of fireball where it can only be reflected by slashing the sword (which would require the player to actually have learned the 'slash' ability)--thus, making for a true "phantom ganon" style custom boss. But all these ideas are pretty good--thanks!

DarkFlameWolf
07-15-2003, 08:30 PM
how about pounding an object to make it into a reflected thingy (or to make a reflected thingy to appear) and then use your magic to reflect off of it to hit a switch that you must bomb to open up and reveal the switch within that must be activated by the reflected magic?

idontknow
07-15-2003, 09:09 PM
huh? haha..i think i got the first part--ur saying having a switch that must be pounded & then, which activates a magic mirror...and then a switch that must be activated via the reflected magic flag? or what? i got kinda confused i guess--i'm just a bit confused cuz i haven't seen anyone use these flags--ya know what would be cool though? the following flags:
-enemy arrow
-enemy magic
-enemy rock
-enemy sword
-enemy strike
These would be activated by the appropriate weapon that enemies fire, but would use the same secret combo as the regular weapon flags (like the enemy arrow combo would use the "wooden arrow" secret combo) It'd make for some pretty interesting puzzles/events that occur when enemies strike something--more enemy interaction; ya know? how 'bout the "...sword beam" flags? has anyone used them at all or know of any good ideas to use them?

redmage777
07-17-2003, 10:17 AM
What about:
-Any Arrow
-Any Magic
-Any Rock
-Any Sword
-Any Strike

Then Link could set them off himself as well.

The Sword Beam Flags would be good for rewarding players for getting past an area with full hearts (or an Extra Potion, since that would be an option as well) Put one in a Trifirce room that would trigger a door that would let Link access a room past the Triforce, Put some kinda goodie in there, I woulden't make It anything too profound, a HC peice or 50 rupees or something like that.

lord_jamitossi
07-17-2003, 11:09 AM
hmmm at this point this should be in Sugestions.
anyhow, with the 3-way prism i've been working on a custom boss that you have to hit 3 targets at the same time... it's really confusing to do, but, i'm no expert!

idontknow
07-17-2003, 08:11 PM
i forgot to add one more that i really can't see being used at all: Din's Fire--like what sort of combo should i use for making a target that must be lit my din's fire? i could see it being used on torchest, but what makes din's fire flames different than other flames? this is one reason why i say there be different flames for all the "fire" items

redmage777
07-18-2003, 01:55 PM
Dins fire flag is realy useful for requireing some one to have it to pass. Like a Lvl. 9 entrance or something. When Naryus love, and farores wind are up and working, then flags that can only be trigered by them can be added too. This will allow them to become key items like the Triforce.

idontknow
07-18-2003, 02:32 PM
what should the combo that you need to use it on look like though? thats my biggest problem--i don't know what combos/tiles to make that would make the player think he should use that item on--same with the sword/sword beam flags, and the wand, reflected magic, reflected fireball, wand magic, and hammer flags...i'm just so stumped--i thought perhaps for the hammer flag, i could use a rusted switch, kinda like in OoT but i don't know how to draw anything!!

redmage777
07-18-2003, 03:07 PM
For Dins fire, make it look like the barrier that can only be broken my the master sword on Lttp. And have some one hint to Link about earlier in the game. Could also look like ice, when the player figures out that the candle and wand flame dosn't work they have to try someting else...

idontknow
07-18-2003, 03:56 PM
here's what i have so far:
1. silver diamonds; must be hit with the wooden b'rang or a better one
2. blue diamonds; must be hit with the magic b'rang or better
3. white eyeball A statue--must be hit with an arrow
4. blue eyeball A statue (must it always looks in the direction opposite link) must be hit with wand magic
5. skull; must be bombed
6. torch; must be burned
7. gold star; must be stepped on
What should i use for the other weapon flags?