PDA

View Full Version : ps2 games+surround sound

idontknow
07-14-2003, 02:48 PM
is the ps2 system capable of being hooked up to a dream system, in order to have surround sound? we just got a really phat dream system from circuit city (well, we actually got two but only one is hooked up now; we're still waiting for our big screen :)) anyway, is it possible, and if so, would it make the sound from ps2 games anybetter? also, are there any games that would be absolutely awesome with surround sound?

Matteo
07-14-2003, 03:47 PM
yeah dude.. my ps2 is hooked up to a surround system

its also my experience that GC games actually sound better than ps2 in surround

Brasel
07-14-2003, 06:20 PM
Split the Audio wires from the video wire on the A/V input cord, its pretty easy, so you don't need any kind of tools. You'll see. Put the Audio wires into the input on the stereo console, and flip on that auxiliary unit. Not too hard to do at all. I believe theres an option in the PS2 menu screen that allows you to set it up for surround sound as well. I used to do this with my PS2, but I don't have a stereo capable to do this since I moved out of my parents home.

I remember that you don't like sports games, but the NHL series sounds absolutely amazing on surround sound.

Master Ghaleon
07-14-2003, 09:14 PM
I hook up my PS2 to the DVD player, and from the DVD player it connects to the Receiver. I got a Bose Entertainment System. Games are awesome with surround sound. Especially the scarry games when you dunno if something is gonna pop out or not. Scares the shit outta ya.

idontknow
07-15-2003, 09:23 PM
haha...alright...awesome! thanks! oh! just have to ask just to be sure--does it F*** anything up? we just got a big screen (sony--which is actually great cuz it makes ps2) but i'm just making sure it won't screw up the tv, nor the dream system (which is also a Sony, i think) i'm not sure if my parents will allow the ps2 to be hooked up to it though :/ (but there are 7 video input thingies :)) also, Master Ghaleon, these scary games you speak of, what ones do ya mean? what are the best scary games? i've heard of silent hill (1 & 2, and 3 is coming out soon, i think) are these games any good? what are the best scary games worth buying?

cyberkiller6276
07-15-2003, 09:37 PM
well, if your new tv has progressive scan, (p-scan for short) you also, not only enhance your sound quality, but your image quality too. if you buy a special cable for your ps2 and plug that into the back of your tv along with the video input. just out of coincidence, the plug for the special p-scan cable is a ps2 port lookalike ( the ps2 port is generally where you plug your mouse i on the back of your comp.) maybe you should look at that too.

AlexMax
07-16-2003, 08:20 AM
If the PS2 is awesome and the Gamecube is amazing, then the Xbox is certainly the best out of the three. It has native support for Doilby Digital 5.1, which my father happens to have.

Hooking it up to the sound system and playing Halo or Jet Set Radio Future is mind-numbingly fantastic...

Master Ghaleon
07-16-2003, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by idontknow
also, Master Ghaleon, these scary games you speak of, what ones do ya mean? what are the best scary games? i've heard of silent hill (1 & 2, and 3 is coming out soon, i think) are these games any good? what are the best scary games worth buying?

Well, when I had RE for the cube. That was something. I live kinda out in the middle of no where and love to play games in the dark. So like when your inside the house running down the halls and all the sudden the dog jumps through the window.. Scared the shit outta me. I dunno of any that would be scary for the ps2. Or something that would spook ya.

idontknow
07-16-2003, 11:07 AM
well, i guess this thread is no longer worth it anymore, since my dad said that no video game, whatsoever, is to be hooked up to this new tv...which really sucks :( he's stressing that hooking up a ps2 or x box would ruin the tv...what a worry wort