PDA

View Full Version : Strange Multi-Colored Layers

Yoshiman
07-14-2003, 12:49 AM
<hr size=1><b>Operating System:</b> Windows 98<br><b>Zelda Classic Version:</b> v1.92 <b>Build: </b>182 DOS<hr size=1>Sometimes when I try to set a translucent layer over something, the ground under it becomes colored all funny. This only happens in ZQuest and I fix it by going to a screen with a dungeon color and going back. It dosen't impair quest making, but it does get annoying.

Questwizard88
07-15-2003, 09:29 AM
Its becasuse thats the color that it cane up with to show for the translucency.. try pressing b on the screen and see if that fixes it. if not, its probably just caused by the way yur palette is set up.

Yoshiman
07-15-2003, 10:33 PM
Hey, thanks! pressing "B" does fix it!

C-Dawg
07-22-2003, 10:39 AM
Yea. For translucency, remember that the game has to find the color to display on your pallette somewhere. If it can't find, say, a darker version of the green you've layered black over, you'll get a funny looking color. It's the closest the game could do.

-C

Petoe
07-22-2003, 01:16 PM
C-Dawg, do you mean that eg. if I have a green room and make it darker with translucency, the quest tries to find darker green from any pallette created so far (or just from the current pallette you're using for that DMap)? And if there isn't dark green, then it gives you the color that's closest to it? And if there isn't a color close to that dark green, it gives you something unwanted.

Cloral
07-22-2003, 03:39 PM
Yes. Translucency doesn't always give a good result for the simple reason that we are working with a 256 color display mode.

This isn't a bug, so off it goes to Quest Editor Help.