PDA

View Full Version : Eyeball combos?

Sephiroth
07-13-2003, 09:36 PM
I know what they are, but I can't get them to work correctly on any layer other than layer 0. Can anyone please help me?

Knil
07-14-2003, 03:41 PM
hey, snort? umm......anything higher than the 0 layer wont register that link is walking by, as far as I know.....

Sephiroth
07-17-2003, 10:27 AM
darn! I wish that I could make these eyeball combos work so that I can have people on a layer so that it would look good. but unfortunately, I can't do that because I wanted the person to always look at link when he is on that screen, but he seems to be giving link the cold sholder.. :cry:

Tsukuru
07-17-2003, 11:11 AM
Hey, I'd be happy to try and help :), but could you give a little more details please?

Sephiroth
07-20-2003, 06:53 PM
Yea, I'm trying to make a eyeball a combo to put it on a layer, say, layer 1 so that Link doesn't walk through them, but yet you can see the cround through the transparent part.. I can do that because then when I try it out in zc, the combo gives link the "cold shoulder"

idontknow
07-20-2003, 09:21 PM
its not possible! combo properties do not take affect on layers!!! (perhaps this may be fixed in later versions) But for now, you'll just have to place the eyeball combos on layer 0--if you realy must, try drawing each tile of the guy for each direction & then draw the background to which the guy will be placed on (or just use the 'overlap' function (first select, copy, then press O on the tile you are overlapping to, which should be the background, such as the floor, ground, etc.)

Sephiroth
07-21-2003, 11:42 PM
Idontknow, that won't work as I do not have the same overworld colors in with my colors for the sprites.. otherwise I could have done that in the first place..