PDA

View Full Version : I hate my car

inori
07-13-2003, 04:32 AM
My car's been badly misbehaving lately... I'll be driving down the highway, and it will just suddenly die. No warning. (Fortunately, I can at least coast to the side of the road.) I let it sit for half an hour or an hour, and it'll restart again... but until then, I'm pretty well stuck.

I took it to a mechanic about two weeks ago. He kept the car for two days and couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. :( At least he didn't charge me for his unsuccessful endeavors. (An honest mechanic... nice to find.)

I figured another mechanic would likely hit the same problem, so I decided to try my luck with an actual dealer. My theory was they might actually know more about the car, and be able to find the problem. (Then, if they wanted too much to fix it, I could get the actual repair done somewhere else.) I took it in Friday morning... they called me back with a diagnosis... it wasn't that expensive... I let them do it. This morning, I go pick up the car and drive it off.

Fifteen minutes down the road, it dies again. I hate my car. I had to let it sit even longer than usual this time... I finally abandoned it in a church parking lot, and came back for it later this evening.

Guess it's back to the dealer on Monday... maybe if I throw enough of a fit, they'll credit me back for what they've charged, since it obviously wasn't the right fix.

NaFe
07-13-2003, 12:18 PM
I know someone who had something like that happen to them. It turned out some fool had put a ping pong ball in his petrol tank - if he drove for long enough, the ball would be dragged down and it would block the path the petrol takes into the engine. Once he stopped the car and gave it a rest for about 10 minutes or so, it'd start again and keep going.