PDA

View Full Version : AGN Convention ... Film at Eleven

Jemsee
07-12-2003, 07:45 PM
I have the rest of the AGN video captured and uploaded.
I saw that the post I made about who was there was moved up to the Convention Forum so I redid the links as I had removed them thinking it had just gone to the back pages.

All five videos are there, three I had posted earlyer and two new ones (one of which is the karaoke one).

Hope you like them. :)

Forum Link (http://www.armageddongames.net/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=157)
Post Link (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?s=&postid=847683#post847683)

Zaphod Q. IX
07-12-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Jemsee
I have the rest of the AGN video captured and uploaded.
I saw that the post I made about who was there was moved up to the Convention Forum so I redid the links as I had removed them thinking it had just gone to the back pages.

Silly boy! We moved the convention picture threads to make sure they didn't get lost in this cesspool that is "General Discussion". :blah:

All five videos are there, three I had posted earlyer and two new ones (one of which is the karaoke one).

Cool. I'm downloading the rest of them as I type this, and I'll be searching the back pages of GD tonight, just to make sure I can move any threads we missed to the convention forum for the sake of posterity (and dowload the images). I should be able to ship the convention shirts sometime in the next few weeks, along with the CDs containing the videos and pictures I've collected. It's two discs worth so far, and could be as many as four or five discs that I send to each of you. ;)

MrCow
07-13-2003, 01:25 AM
They are only audio for me... :shrug:

Foxy
07-13-2003, 01:54 AM
They worked for me! Brings back so many memories...lol...wish we could do it again this summer!!!

/me whistles at the boys who had the guts to participate in the karaoke

Goat
07-13-2003, 02:02 AM
I can't dl any of the videos cause I'm on dialup :(

Jemsee
07-13-2003, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Goat
I can't dl any of the videos cause I'm on dialup :(

I used Dr. Div X to make the files smaller so even on dileup they should not be to bad.
The biggest is the karaoke one, 35meg, all the others are around 10-15meg. Captured they were about 1.5gigs, amazing how well it can be compressed.

Edit:

Originally posted by Mr. Cow
They are only audio for me...
I have both win98 and XP on my computer and I have the video program on 98 as it is an older program.
The files are saved as .avi and should work in any player and do in win98.
However I just tried every player in XP including winamp and Real One but only get audio.
In 98 they play the files just fine.
I don't get it.
It is just XP they do not work in.

MrCow
07-13-2003, 12:08 PM
hmm maybe ill try my other machine with win 2000 server :shrug:

moocow
07-13-2003, 01:54 PM
I'm getting only audio too :( I really wanna see these... does anyone know of anything I could do to be able to watch the videos??

Jemsee
07-13-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by moocow
I'm getting only audio too :( I really wanna see these... does anyone know of anything I could do to be able to watch the videos??

Hay moo,
In another thread you said you downloaded them, did those not work?
Are you using XP?
I will keep messing with this, don't really understand whats going on.
3 different players all work in 98, none work in XP, although they will play other things.
:confuse2: :confused: :confuse2:

moocow
07-13-2003, 06:23 PM
I got it to work, Breaker helped me. Had to download Divx or something...

J.J. Maxx
07-13-2003, 10:48 PM
Yeah, if any of you can't see the video, download this. (http://download.com.com/3000-2139-10200043.html?tag=lst-0-1)

:thumbsup:

Jemsee
07-14-2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by moocow
I got it to work, Breaker helped me. Had to download Divx or something...

Yep.
I just figured this out myself.
I did a search for all .avi files in XP and found some of the AGN movies would run and they had .avi extensions. (??wtf right).
Then I noted the ones that would run were not compressed with the Div X program.
So I installed the Div X player in XP and was able to run them with it.
So it has to do with how Div X compresses it, and forces you to use their player.
Free Div X Player (http://www.divx.com/divx/)
I do have other video compressors but this was recomended and it does work quite well. But why the .avi files will not work in XP and will in 98 is a mystery.
Just one of those goofy M$ Windows things I guess. :odd:

MrCow
07-14-2003, 12:42 AM
yea i reinstalled it... dont understand why i needed to but regardless i did. on a side note be sure to run adaware after you install divx as it has some spyware to it.