PDA

View Full Version : T. Music In Public Beta 182?

Modus Ponens
07-12-2003, 07:08 PM
Maybe I'm just doing something wrong, but I'm having trouble getting ZC to play the .it files I specify for dmaps in ZQuest. Here's the deal:

I go into ZQuest and choose the menu item Dmaps. I choose the dmap that I want and click "Load T. Music." I browse to the .it file I want (which plays perfectly well in Winamp), choose it, and note that it does correctly display the file name in the dmap information window. I click OK and then save and quit ZQuest.

I open ZC and select the save game for my quest. I play to the dmap to which I added T. Music (what does it stand for, anyway? Tracker music? Ticker music? Totally sweet music?), and it just plays the MIDI I had specified for that dmap.

I go back into ZQuest and go to edit the dmap again, and the T. Music file name is still there as if it was loaded properly. I set the MIDI to "(none)" and save and quit.

When I get back to the dmap in ZC, this time there's no music at all (which isn't really surprising).

So basically, what I want to know is whether or not I am doing everything correctly, and whether or not T. Music is even supported in 1.92 public beta 182.

A prompt reply from someone in the know would be most appreciated. Thank you.

Nick
07-12-2003, 07:52 PM
The .it files aren't stored in the quest itself. They must be in the directory with the quest before they will play.

That might be the problem. :shrug:

Modus Ponens
07-12-2003, 08:23 PM
Hooray! You rule! Oh. Oh my. I kiss you.

Okay, thanks. That did it.

EDIT: Well, now that it's working, I have another question regarding T. Music.

How come it sounds so choppy and crackly? It sounds like an old record. What's going on?