"Kill every enemy..."

-C

Link6690
07-22-2003, 05:09 AM
Is Doy a quest?

C-Dawg
07-22-2003, 10:12 AM
<sigh>

Dreams of Yesterday (DoY) was one of the most influential quests ever created for Zelda Classic. Dreams of Yesterday is, to the best of my knowledge, the only completed quest to make generous use of boss flags for special effects, custom bosses, and suchlike. When I created it about two years ago, it had the effect of seperating the community into two camps- those who liked the old-school, nine-dungeon romp that the original Legend of Zelda provided, and those who saw the limitless possibilities of the new things Zelda Classic allowed players to do.

But jut because it's an influential quest doesn't mean it's one of the best. Firstly, it was made using Zelda Classic 152, and so it doesn't have alot of the newer features and doesn't run correctly on newer versions of ZClassic. It's also, as far as I know, the longest and most difficult quest out there; I know of two people who have actually finished it. Lastly, I never finished bugchecking it completely, so there are little problems here and there that require a restart. Nothnig that stops you from finishing the game, but enough to irritate you.

In short, DoY has some technical problems, but it will provide you with a very unique, and satisfying, playing experience.

-C

P.S. The principles developed in Dreams of Yesterday are used to maturity in Sabotage Dragoon, but that project is going to be several more years in the making. I might not even be able to finish it without an increase in the number of allowed Dmaps.