PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel about The Classic Tiles?

redmage777
07-12-2003, 01:52 PM
I'm thinking about Improving the Classic tileset to do a prequil for the Legasy of Zelda games. I'm currently ripping some tiles form Zelda 2, Namely Houses and such. I've also been experementing with Increasing the number of colors in the Classic set to allow for more 16-Bit look without losing the "Style" of the Classic Tiles.

System Error
07-12-2003, 02:49 PM
They're alright, but still look ugly. People have already done classic-tile edits however, such as with the Demo Quest tiles.

Crazy_Link
07-12-2003, 04:27 PM
They don't look ugly the just don't look right, but with more colors they look better.;)

Dart Zaidyer
07-12-2003, 07:59 PM
Classic tiles only fit with the original 2 quests. On any other quest, they're tired and boring. And attempting to enrich them is going to be a feat indeed, considering all the other failures.

xorxif
07-13-2003, 03:25 AM
I think it's a noble pursuit. I like the classic tileset, it brings back fond memories of hours in front of the nintendo. I think they will look good touched up and placed into a prequel quest. Mix it up a lot, and I bet it will look great.

redmage777
07-13-2003, 10:31 AM
I don't realy mean to be one of those who tries to build up Hype but...

I must say I think Its going well so far, and I have been pulling tiles from Pureset(and ohers like it) and BS as well, The mounains will need to be cleaned up around the edges a bit but I've must say I've not been so happy with a tileset so early on (I've never been happy with one to the point of finishing it), Its realy comming together faster and better then I expected.

I've even given it a name- NeoClassic, I hope to have a screen shot soon. Thanx for in Input, I appreciate any furter comments.

Foxx
07-13-2003, 04:12 PM
Do it, baby. I want to see (and play) this game. DO IT.

firebug
07-14-2003, 05:39 PM
throw some BS animation in there too. i promise you, it makes link's movements look much nicer and opens up massive possibilities for improvement :thumbsup: its a little confusing moving all the tiles around so it works correctly tho.

redmage777
07-14-2003, 08:36 PM
I alread pulled the entire Link set from BS, Link will be In BS style. I tried to use the Classic, but he looks like he's made of plastic when upgraded him. If any one sucessfuly pulled this off then I'd love too see what theres looks like.

MottZilla
07-15-2003, 03:57 PM
I made a quest Aftermath of Ganon's Attack years ago and I must say people were alot less vane. There is nothing wrong with the classic graphics. Sure nice graphics are just that, nice. But they aren't required. :O