PDA

View Full Version : Combo cycling + certain enemy

Demimore
07-12-2003, 12:27 PM
1. HOW does combo cycling work? I cant make it to work! How do you make, for example, some spikes going up and down?

2. In VEL's quest Mario's insane rampage, he had custom bosses, when you had to shoot arrows in the eyes.... How did he do that?

3. It is possible to make the player to warp to a different place after he destroys all the enemies on a certain screen. How is this done?

VEL
07-12-2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Demimore
2. In VEL's quest Mario's insane rampage, he had custom bosses, when you had to shoot arrows in the eyes.... How did he do that?

The eyes are enemies whose graphics where changed to eyes, they are surrounded by solid combos so they can't move.

Tsukuru
07-12-2003, 12:48 PM
1. Have two combos, the spikes down, and the spikes up. The spikes up should be a damage combo. Both combos need to be animated with frames greater than at least 1. Then, in the Edit Combo window select the Next combo and make them loop to each other.

3. Set the screen flag to Enemies -> Secret. Make Secret Combo 16 a pit combo that looks like the floors of the room. Set the tile warp to wherever you want link to go when all the enemies are killed.

Demimore
07-14-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by VEL

The eyes are enemies whose graphics where changed to eyes, they are surrounded by solid combos so they can't move.

Ok, but how do I make enemies who shoot fire? I don't want to use statues. I believe fire shooter does something interesting. What is fire shooter?

VEL
07-14-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Demimore

Ok, but how do I make enemies who shoot fire? I don't want to use statues. I believe fire shooter does something interesting. What is fire shooter?

I used the statues, to make the boss stop shooting I had secret flags over the statues that got rid of them when the eyes were killed.