PDA

View Full Version : help with Microplex please!

xorxif
07-11-2003, 09:47 AM
I should stop trying to complete quests in one nite... sooo tired, but sooo involving...
Anyway I completed level 3, got through the maze, got the whistle, even found the location of the magic sword, but I can't seem to find level 4, or if I have found it, I can't open it... I've read over all the clues, tried bombing everywhere like a madman, burning every bush in sight, shot arrows everywhere and I still can't find (or open,) level 4... :confuse2:
I am guessing by one screen with a lone rock on it and by the rocks in the raft cave that I might need the bracelet...
Well anyways will someone please tell me what I'm missing? Thank you in advance

carrot red
07-11-2003, 12:49 PM
You seem to have done everything save make use of that brand new whistle of yours.
I don't remember the map very well, but I think it's right of the lone rock you're talking about. (There's a ruin of a temple.) Use your whistle (I think it's tricky) all over and you'll get a brand new temple = level 4.

Foxx
07-11-2003, 08:45 PM
Right, there's a screen with a half-buried level entrance and 4 rocks that point towards each other. Whistle at the spot they point to, and the dungeon will rise from the earth.

By the way, getting through three levels and the maze in one night is really impressive. Most people have trouble with the first two levels.

xorxif
07-12-2003, 04:55 AM
Thanks for the help guys :D
I do remember seeing the clue saying about a secret where 4 rocks point, I guess in my exhausted state at the time I couldnt see the pointing edges on the level 4 screen. Continuing on... OUCH wizzrobes... :odd:

carrot red
07-12-2003, 12:24 PM
My own personal pet peeve was level 3, Foxx. (I don't know if you remember.) I never had any trouble with the first two.

xorxif
07-13-2003, 08:11 AM
As I enter the final dungeon for the finish, I can't help wondering how to get that heart container near level 5? Where you use the wand to open the way through the rocks? I tried a few different things and nothing it seems gets me to that side of the screen...

Foxx
07-13-2003, 04:16 PM
Wow, you've really plowed through your way. http://www.armageddongames.net/images/icons/icon14.gif

There's a second exit from level 6, near the end of the dungeon, that takes you to that area. I think you have to shoot a target on the wall to make the stairway open.

xorxif
07-14-2003, 05:26 AM
Wow, found it only to find that I'm ONE HEART CONTAINER short of having a full 16... well thats ok, I'm prepared to live with that mystery because the last one probably wasnt placed right in front of my face to taunt me :D

Only one mystery remains, fortunately it has nothing to do with gameplay: That MIDI file called "bounty", the one used for the level 5 music... where is it from? It sounds familiar and yet not... I can't get it out of my head. For that matter, I put it in my MIDI list of background stuff to play while playing nethack (roguelike game I'm addicted to...)
So Foxx any idea as to its origins?

Foxx
07-16-2003, 07:31 PM
Yeah, that is from a song originally called "Mutiny on the Bounty" by a group called Vangelis. As you could probably tell, I put a lot of alternative rock and metal into the Microplex soundtrack -- stumbling upon that gem was lucky.

As for the heart containers, if I remember correctly, there's one in each (1-6) level, one in a cave, another one in a cave, one in the crypt, one in the raft cave, one in yet another small cave, one outside level 6, and one hidden in level 7, so I would guess the last one wasn't stuck in front of your nose as well... :spin: Congratulations if you finished the quest, you're the first one I know of.