PDA

View Full Version : New Photoshop #2: Arr, Matey!

Starkist
07-11-2003, 02:48 AM
New contest: design a poster for your very own pirate movie. Caribbean pirates, software pirates, doesn't matter. Make it exciting. PM it to me by Tuesday, July 15. I might just do this one...

For a twist, would it be good to make voting anonymous? As in, I post the entries, but not who made them, and whoever enters agrees not to say which one is theirs?

carrot red
07-11-2003, 02:56 AM
Yes, it should. I always tend to be biased in granting my vote.

Tsukuru
07-11-2003, 03:09 AM
The interesting part in responding to the poll is that it itself was anonymous. If you couldn't tell from the poll results, I voted yes. There always tends to be a bias between someone holding more popularity than others, even if people don't conciously admit it, myself included.

Starkist
07-11-2003, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by Tsukuru
The interesting part in responding to the poll is that it itself was anonymous.

I did that on purpose. :)

Drunken Tiger
07-11-2003, 03:15 AM
I think it the entrants should be anomynous and we should be told towards the end of the whole contest...:p

zora man
07-11-2003, 06:05 PM
Ah yes nobody likes the popularity vote.

Starkist
07-11-2003, 06:13 PM
Remember to email me your entries ASAP!!

The Savior
07-11-2003, 11:34 PM
Ooops, I mis-read the poll entirely. I voted no, then wrote up a whole post on why I'm right and you're all wrong. I had thought that you were asking about whether the the voting should be anonymous, not the entries. If a mod would be so kind, I'd appreciate that my vote be moved, even though from the looks of things it won't matter.

P.S. I think it's great that you (Starkist) are taking on the PS contest. I let it lapse for far too long, and it's nice when somebody else picks up the slack once and awhile. If you'd like to work something out with a webpage and whatnot, I can help with that or hook you up with all the old archives, at least what I managed to save of them. PM me if you're interested.

inori
07-13-2003, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by The Savior
Ooops, I mis-read the poll entirely. I voted no, then wrote up a whole post on why I'm right and you're all wrong. I had thought that you were asking about whether the the voting should be anonymous, not the entries. If a mod would be so kind, I'd appreciate that my vote be moved, even though from the looks of things it won't matter.

Done. :kawaii:

Starkist
07-14-2003, 06:49 PM
Only today and tomorrow left to PM me your entries! After midnight pacific time on Tuesday I will post them!

J.J. Maxx
07-15-2003, 09:07 PM
3 Hours left! Do it early! DO IT DO IT DO IT! :thumbsup:

I'm in the mood for something funny.

Jawa Podracer
07-15-2003, 09:11 PM
Yes, start now: I doubt anyone would wait for midnight to send their entries in.

Starkist
07-15-2003, 11:07 PM
All right, even though it's four hours early on the West Coast, I'll start. If anyone finishes in the next four hours, PM me and I'll add it in.