PDA

View Full Version : What do you look for in a game fansite?

Mak-X
07-08-2003, 08:58 PM
I enjoy browsing through video game fansites devoted to certain games/series from time to time. Being involved with the Zelda community more lately, and kinda working on fansites, I was curious as to:

What kinds of things do you look for, or want to see that you don't on video game fansites? What do you like about game fansites? Does anyone here visit any game fansites, and if so what do you like about them?

vegeta1215
07-08-2003, 09:57 PM
I like a fan site that has something different from run-of-the-mill sites. Ones that have something more than just guides to the games and walkthroughs - I mean, I'm a fan of the game already, you don't need to tell me about the games!

Like for Zelda sites, I really like the Legends of Zelda (http://loz.zeldalegends.net/), Melora's site, your site Mak, and ZHQ2.

AlexMax
07-09-2003, 02:38 PM
Something that is unique or better than anything I can find at any other site.

Walkthrough? They better have screenshots and maps.
They better also have things that I can't easily find in manuals or at news sites.

Jawa Podracer
07-09-2003, 05:06 PM
If the game has editable, or you can make it unique in your own way(Advance Wars, Pokemon,etc.) I expect to see some user data(maps, move lists,etc.). Maybe if it's a PC game, some mods. A message board, FAQs, walkthroughs, lots of concept art, and normal official art. Reviews, fan fiction, fan art, codes, maybe ROM hacks. And lots of other stuff.