PDA

View Full Version : Screenshots from my current quest

RPGAngel
07-08-2003, 08:35 PM
I have uploaded some shots from my current quest:"LOZ: The Islands of Hyrule" to my site.

http://www.geocities.com/firebirdmist/islands.html

There is a spread of my town and also a few random Overworld shots. There is also a progress list. If the spread of the town looks a bit funny, it's beacause I took a bunch of separate shots and put them together(like a puzzle) to get the complete town shot.

Crackers
07-08-2003, 09:24 PM
WOW!!

carrot red
07-08-2003, 09:57 PM
Very nice, but too linear. I expected to see a lot more water too.:)
I like the fountain.

RPGAngel
07-08-2003, 11:01 PM
You can't tell from the shots, but there is a lot more water. You enter the town(it's not actually on the ow) from the overworld, whitch is around 8-10 islands. I'm having it so that you enter the town and other places through small entrances on the overworld. That way, I can make the world look bigger than it actually is(there's not a lot you can put on the ow when it's all islands that arn't very big). When I finish the ow, I'll try to get a map of it on the site. Thanks, I like that fountian too.

DarkFlameWolf
07-08-2003, 11:54 PM
I had an idea of making a Wind Waker-ish type quest and its quite doable. Making the world seem bigger than it really is. And it works in the way you describe, maybe someday.

Cloral
07-09-2003, 02:03 AM
I had that thought too. The overworld would just be an 8x8 area of water with 1 island in each screen. Sail up to the island (using the raft - the whole overworld would be filled with raft branch flags to simulate sailing around) and you're taken to the close-up map of the island. The main problem for me was doing the graphics - I got nice-looking overworld water, but that was about it.

BTW, have you played the islands quest? It was a 1.90 quest, although it was never finished. This just reminded me of it. It had some really nice island terrain - so you might want to give it a look. It could give some ideas.

Demimore
07-09-2003, 08:41 AM
Pretty cool, but why are you using grey trees?

AND WHY REVENGE 2? Descendant is at least better! (Actually, Descendant is the best).