PDA

View Full Version : World AIDS Conference

carrot red
07-08-2003, 11:31 AM
Elephant Sex Logo Criticized for Lack of Condom.:eyebrow:

"BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thai community groups wanted to use a logo featuring two elephants having sex for next year's World AIDS conference in Bangkok but the plan was criticized by health authorities because the bull was not using a condom.

"The logo fails to convey any meaning," Dr Sombat Tanprasertsuk of the Thai government's disease control department was quoted as saying in the Nation newspaper on Tuesday.

"There is only one message which people will get: that community workers are obsessed with sex. And it doesn't show the male elephant wearing a condom."

The official logo for the meeting depicts three elephants standing in line. Elephants are Thailand's national symbol."

I franlky don't see how a serious subject like AIDS could be treated in such a casual manner, be it by the community groups or by the Thai officials whose objection is that the elephant wasn't wearing a condom.
Is Durex manufacturing condoms for animals now?:odd:

cyberkiller6276
07-08-2003, 01:44 PM
why bangkok?
why not in NYC where UN is...

anyway, i think that both logos are stupid...( not that i have any other suggestions)...how did elephants come to stand for AIDS?

stormwatcheagle
07-08-2003, 03:40 PM
I can't help but laugh. Elephant's having sex without a condom.

Pablo
07-08-2003, 04:39 PM
Okay, if we can debate about that, then we can debate about anything.

Hey Carrot, can you see if you can dig up a graphic of that? XD

carrot red
07-08-2003, 04:43 PM
N/A. Sorry, pablo.

Tygore
07-08-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by cyberkiller6276
why bangkok?
why not in NYC where UN is...

Beause of the name... it's nasty.

I could see the idea of elephants having intercourse being a turn-off, but for the lack of condom usage? I mean, come on, how many people really want to look at an elephant's "condom-holder"?