PDA

View Full Version : j'ai acheté un ordinateur!!

Paradox
07-07-2003, 10:04 PM
I bought a computer today... I really needed one as my current one can't run any good games, so I found a good one really cheap.

2.3gHz Intel Celeron processor, 512MB DDR RAM, 80GB 7200RPM Hard drive, 48x CD-RW, 16x DVD, Intel Extreme Graphics 3d

Yes, I know Celeron sucks, and I'm going to buy a new graphics card as soon as I get some more money, but this whole thing by itself cost $499. Got it at CompUSA ^_^

Master Ghaleon
07-07-2003, 10:09 PM
Not bad Cpu. Ill tell ya the 512MB DDR RAM rules! Its like you have a 1014MB in there. I got a 512MB DDR chip myself and room for one more.

Jemsee
07-07-2003, 10:18 PM
Nice.
I too went to 512DDR and mem space is not a problem anymore.
Good thing too since I have been playing with video recently.
And I am a AMD fan myself. No real reasion, it is just somthing other than Intel. :shrug:

Pablo
07-07-2003, 11:13 PM
Whoa, my laptop arrives on Friday, and it's got almost exactly the same specs, except it has 2.8 GHz and a DVD burner.

Having a new PC is nice, no?

Flash Man
07-08-2003, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Paradox
I bought a computer today... I really needed one as my current one can't run any good games, so I found a good one really cheap.

Two things wrong with that, first you state its a really good computer, a celeron in almost all cases is bad, maybe the old 400MHz celerons are ok, but either way its crap. Intel Graphics is superb when dealing with 320x240x16 resolution. Lastly, cheap, if by cheap you mean crap that is correct, although cheap as in money, you could've built your own for $100 less for that exact system, or at least $200 less for an AMD system which completely outperforms Intel, especially Celeron.

The Savior
07-08-2003, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by Master Ghaleon
Its like you have a 1014MB in there. 2 things wrong with that statement. A) I assume that 1014 was a typo, as it would be difficult to find a 502 stick of RAM. B) DDR SDRAM is twice as fast as "normal" SDRAM, but it does not double the effective capacity. Think of 1024 MBs of "normal" SDRAM as a van that can travel 50 MPH and holds 10 people, while 512 MBs of DDR SDRAM is a car that can hold 5 people but goes 100 MPH.

Originally posted by Jemsee
And I am a AMD fan myself. No real reasion, it is just somthing other than Intel. :shrug:
For the money, you can't beat an AMD system.

Originally posted by pablo882
Whoa, my laptop arrives on Friday, and it's got almost exactly the same specs, except it has 2.8 GHz and a DVD burner.

I wasn't aware that they made DVD burners for laptops, what brand is it?