PDA

View Full Version : Anyone knows a good online rpg?

Rammstein
07-07-2003, 06:25 PM
Beside Tibia. I am sick of that game :P
I am bored these days and I am looking for some good online rpg, free to try but I dont mind paying if it is good.. Something with a lot of people on it playing would be great (400+ at the same time)

So, post here if you know some :D

Dart Zaidyer
07-07-2003, 06:48 PM
At some point, someone is going to mention Graal. do yourself a favor and stay away. It's a haven for AOL 12-year-olds and Zelda64GLD-alikes. The management is about like the RIAA; paranoid, greedy, and stupid. (Plus they go on witch-hunts to shut down places to download previous versions of the game client.) They also hire players, who still have to pay to work on the game.

It's a disaster.

Master Ghaleon
07-07-2003, 09:04 PM
Shattered Earth!!! Duh :drool:

MasterSwordUltima
07-07-2003, 10:57 PM
lmfao, yeah. There is nothing better than Shattered Earth when it comes to MMORPG's, unless you want some names of Muds and their connection info. Of course, then you'll need mushclient...

3-Headed Monkey
07-08-2003, 12:13 AM
Well, there's runescape, if it still exists. I haven't played it in awhile. I don't really like it, but I don't like any online games. It's free (or it used to be, it might not be anymore) at www.runescape.com There's also "Middle-Earth Online," but it's not out yet. That one I'm willing to give a chance, just because I'm a huge Tolkien fan.

stormwatcheagle
07-08-2003, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by MasterSwordUltima
lmfao, yeah. There is nothing better than Shattered Earth when it comes to MMORPG's, unless you want some names of Muds and their connection info. Of course, then you'll need mushclient...

Ya know, SE was cool for a while, but it lost it's replay value for me. I mean, I get to a pointand it's like "now what?' I don't think i'm gonna play it again untill final.

Right now, i've been playing old school RPG's at other forums and using RPG Maker 2000.

As for other online RPG's, I dono. I'll keep my eyes open.

Rijuhn
07-09-2003, 02:50 PM
Hmm...My younger sister, older brother and I have been plagued with that problem for so long aswell. We aren't sure where to go to actually play a worth RPG. They don't make them anymore apparently. So my sister and I decided to make our own forum RPG on her site, but we put it on the back burner for now because her site isn't really popular.

The idea we have is very detailed and complicated, but should be very fun to participate in. I'm sure the both of us will come up with something good by the end of the year for people to enjoy. Think if it as an interactive RPG/story that is played out over several internet forums on a message board.

The Savior
07-09-2003, 03:20 PM
Try Risk Your Life. The game is free until Friday. The only problem is that it's in Chinese, so you have to check the website for translation. http://www.spintz.com/GameMyth/