PDA

View Full Version : XTreme Marketing - The Maddox Way

Starkist
07-07-2003, 06:20 PM
The article (http://maddox.xmission.com/xtreme_bullshit.html)

A few bad words, in case you care or whatever...

AtmaWeapon
07-07-2003, 06:58 PM
I love Maddox. That site should be required reading for all students.

Trevelyan_06
07-07-2003, 07:11 PM
He makes a good point, people in the marketing sector are trying to hard. Instead of actually telling you what the product is or what it does they just give you a load of advertising BS.

My favorite ad is the one you see on t.v. for the pasta pot that has the built in strainer. This in and of itself is a nice product, it seems it would make straining easier and you would have one less dish to do after cooking.

However, the people selling this don't use this in the ad. Instead they rely on images of people giving themselves horrible burns over 90% of their body trying to use those oh so "difficult" old strainers. And of course these people are saved from their burns by the amazing pot with a built in strainer. Leading you to believe that if you don't use this product you will get horrible burns.

ARGH! I hate capitalism.

Menokh
07-07-2003, 08:41 PM
Oh, thats good, and so true.
I've seen some aweful attempts at marketing lately. It seems as though every company out there needs to be "extreme" or something in order to seel their product to us.

Do they think we are stupid? Apparently we are, since millions of people buy into it.

carrot red
07-07-2003, 08:52 PM
Wake up you morons.
Yeah, I agree with him on this one.

plith
07-07-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Menokh
Do they think we are stupid? Apparently we are, since millions of people buy into it.

That's exactly it. They don't think we're stupid. They know we're stupid. These people spend millions of dollars to discover what kinds of advertising work.