PDA

View Full Version : College gamers are not necessarily male -or anti-social hermits.

Goat
07-07-2003, 03:22 PM
Foudn this on CNN. Story about 2/3 of college students are gamers, and it doesn't affect their studies or activities. Found it kinda interesting... Story Here (http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/ptech/07/06/college.gamers.ap/index.html)

Sub-Zero
07-07-2003, 05:32 PM
Actually ever since I started college, i pretty much stopped gaming....

Jigglysaint
07-07-2003, 09:30 PM
Games never affected my college grades, procrastinating and spending all my time gaming did. Then again, it affected my highschool grade, middle school grade, elementery school grade...

Master Ghaleon
07-07-2003, 09:42 PM
Without games the world would be a different place. I dunno how I would live without videogames. I would prolly have done alot better in school if there wasnt games to play. :tongue:

Rainman
07-07-2003, 10:01 PM
I don't think parent realize how big video games are in this generation. Just like how our parent learned to live with the TV, we are learning how to integrate videogames and computers into ours.

Tsukuru
07-07-2003, 10:09 PM
I agree. Gamers don't have to be introverted geeks sitting in their dark rooms playing video games 24/7, and most aren't.

I hate it when people stereotype gamers. It's just another way of having fun, and it gives you good skills (i.e. hand-eye coordination) that can be used for driving, typing-related jobs, or even being a surgeon.

DarkDragoonX
07-07-2003, 10:17 PM
Especially if the surgery requires the use of a rocket launcher.

In all seriousness, it's not like gaming is the ONLY thing I do. I engage in all kinds of geek activities, from spending hours every week playing D&D with my buddies, to watching "The Trouble With Tribbles" 17 consecutive times.

tgf_guy
07-07-2003, 11:54 PM
It is infinitely more surprising to find out that our scientists had to perform a study on this than it is to discover the results of the study. X_x