PDA

View Full Version : Help on .hack//INFECTION

Monica
07-07-2003, 11:34 AM
Hey, if anyone has played .hack//INFECTION, can you tell me how you are supposed to fight the bug at the end of the dungeon in An Expensive Sea of Sand? I can't do any damage to him, but I need to fight him in order to use Data Drain. The GameFAQ said he was Dark so I bought a bunch of Lightning Bolts but they didn't do anything to him. It really blows that you can't save right before a boss, but that is the ONLY flaw in this masterpiece of a game.

Oh btw, do you have to be that Twin Blade? I was kinda hoping there was a way to be a Heavy Axe like Subaru.

Masamune
07-07-2003, 02:04 PM
yes you have to twin blade. just keep attacking an infected monster until it says "protect break data drain OK" then data drain the monster to turn him into a regular boss with an actual life bar. just keep using special attack and stuff until it says you can data drain. ;)

Monica
07-07-2003, 02:40 PM
Ok great, thanks :)

Masamune
07-07-2003, 08:31 PM
np miss monica. ;)

Monica
07-11-2003, 12:11 AM
I have another Question: I am a Lvl 9 now, but when I go where Mia tells me, the enemies still kill me really quick. Thanks to trades I have a Lvl 9 blade and some armor in the teens and 20's and all my magic is up high, but my physical defense is still 5. I cleard 2 dungeons to level everyone up. What armor should I have in that area?

Ares[K!]
07-11-2003, 10:57 AM
Armor doesn't matter as much as your level, (I've had my current set of armor for about 8 or 9 levels now, even if it's pretty high).

Zones that advance the story tend to be harder than most, find a random zone your level and a level or two above that 'story' zone.

Have you been giving your 'friends' better armor and weapons? If not, get stuff for them too.

.Hack//Infection Armor and Weapon List: http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/hack_mwa.txt

Masamune
07-11-2003, 10:57 AM
hmmm... i'm not entirely sure. but i remember the part with mia telling you to meet her in a certain area. alone am i correct? that part was hard for me to. you need to be at atleast lvl 15 and have the staccato skill.

Monica
07-11-2003, 12:38 PM
Yep I've been getting better stuff for my friends, but yes, this is where Mia said to come alone and so they can't help me. Thanks for the advice :) I'll try and level up more.

Masamune
07-13-2003, 03:02 PM
also, do my trick. as soon as yo get a grunty, go to a level 25-30 area and press select to view the whole map. if there is no lvl 2 grampa or monsiour exit. when you find one. get onboard the grunty as soon as you enter the area and run to the fountain with the annoying voice. make sure you save first though. throw in your best weopon and you'll get master blades or dante's blades or something. both of them are extremely good weopons. also, data drain regular monsters for good armor and weapons.

Monica
07-13-2003, 04:08 PM
Oh cool, I just finished the dungeon where Elk took me and then ran off with Mia. :) I heard something about Data Draining too much. If you DD too much, what happens? Do you die?

Maverick_Zero
07-13-2003, 04:23 PM
I think you get a virus, that's what it said on toonami, so yeah, basically you die, and you have to start from your last save. That's what it seemed like to me. And I've been dying to try this game.

Monica
07-15-2003, 07:53 PM
Ok, I just got Virus Core Q and I need 2 more VC A's to hack the Gate that Blackrose and I need to go to see the white girl. All the monters I've fought have Bs, what monsters have As? And bad stuff is starting to haooen to me when I DD, how can I make the Infection go down?

Ares[K!]
07-16-2003, 09:44 AM
I had the Infection rate at Orange (Danger), to get it to go down, don't use the Data Drain for a while. Might try running through some obsure level, and wait for it to go down, I wasn't paying attention and my infection rate went back down to green.

To get 'Virus Core A' drain small enemies, (things that are about Kite's height)

-----------
Infection: 23:57 hrs (7 Daas Playing)
Mutation: 25:38 hrs (3 ½ Days Playing)
Total: 49:35 hrs
-----------

Does anyone know when Outbreak will be out?

Monica
07-17-2003, 02:03 PM
Ok thanks, I just made it to Skieth O_O Can anyone give me any stratagies for him, please?

Masamune
07-18-2003, 07:20 PM
ya sure, make a party of kite, blackrose, and queeros (piros). make sure everyone has weopons at lvl 16 or above. make sure their regular levels are at like 30 or above. do Skills! so your other 2 characters use their skills. have kite be the designated healer and make sure you have plenty of health drinks mage souls. don't bother with repth or la repth because they take too long. use the same strat for the parasite dragon ln the ship after you beat skeith.