PDA

View Full Version : They put the 'Adventure' into 'Adventure Games'

Starkist
07-06-2003, 05:11 AM
http://www.tierraentertainment.com/main.htm

I played their Kings Quest I remake a few years ago, it was very good. They have finished the KQII remake now, and are coming along with Quest for Glory II. Check it out, nothing fancy like on your GameBoxes or XCubes, but great games nonetheless. :)

Brasel
07-06-2003, 05:15 AM
I'm downloading the first one because I haven't seen either of these remakes yet. Me and my friend Ashley, (member here as jellybean from a long time ago) are nuts about KQ. This looks interesting.

Daarkseid
07-06-2003, 05:22 AM
That would be cool if they remade KQ3. That one had graphics and sound comparable to KQ1 and 2.

I haven't been able to play the quest for glory series, though. They sound pretty good, from what I've heard.

Brasel
07-06-2003, 05:24 AM
I have the Quest for Glory games on a CD. I was lucky enough to get the last copy at the store I was at. Fun stuff.

Master Ghaleon
07-06-2003, 07:45 PM
I never played it before, Im gonna download it and check it out.

Starkist
07-06-2003, 10:37 PM
I can't seem to get KQ2 working correctly, I get past the launcher screen and it just sits there, all black. Someone else posted this same problems on the forums there, but no one ever answered him.

AlexMax
07-07-2003, 08:03 AM
I played Kings Quest V a long time ago.

It was a good game, but I needed an FAQ throught the ENTIRE game....because I suck at adventures...

Daarkseid
07-07-2003, 08:10 AM
KQ2 works fine on my system, except that I have to play it windowed, because my monitor can't seem to support the full screen mode.

This makes it exceedingly hard to properly align the walk icon for moving between screens, since it has to be at the end, yet moving it too far causes the pointer to move out of the game and switch back to the normal windows cursor mode.

Starkist
07-08-2003, 07:32 AM
It works now, just takes a few minutes to load. I run mine at 320/240, in the letterboxed mode. (It makes it easier to align the icons.)

These games are the best...

Jawa Podracer
07-08-2003, 07:51 PM
I rememeber playing a game with this title. There was this cave, and a bird in a cage, and I accidentally let it out, and these people got all mad or something.

Dechipher
07-12-2003, 10:01 PM
Kings Quest is NOTHING compared to Kyrandia. Now it is abandonware, so no links, but I found a copy after about 10 minutes of searching. There are three Kyrandia games, and I've played I and III. I've played part of II but it screwed up. Kyrandia is much cooler than Kings Quest, trust me. There are better graphics, the music is OMG! and the storyline and gameplay are really fun. Number one is more of a natural fantasy thing, while three, you spend more time inside towns rrather than forests and caves. DEFINATELY A MUST HAVE, ESPECIALLY IF YOU LIKE KINGS QUEST.

Starkist
07-13-2003, 04:08 AM
Did you download the remakes from Tierra, or are you just going by the originals from twenty years ago?

Daarkseid
07-13-2003, 04:28 AM
I've played the first Kyrandia game, and it was quite good, though its interface was rather simple(all you did was move from screen to screen, picking up items, and then using those items at appropriate spots).

The 3rd game looked really interesting, since it was to be played from the viewpoint of the villain in the series. I saw absolutely nothing from the 2nd game though, and made me doubt at one point whether it existed or not.

However the KQ series predates Kyrandia, and its difficult to imagine that Kyrandia could've been the game it was without the strides made by the KQ series. Kyrandia came out about a year after KQ VI. KQ V(released in 1990) already broke ground with its point and click interface, vga graphics, and voice acting. KQVI was further more refined, not only improving on the advances made in KQV, but also featuring multiple endings, with several different outcomes depending on what actions you take in the quest, AND it had two different paths to the ending.

I've only played the first Kyrandia, and while it was good, it couldn't approach the level of depth found in KQVI.

redmage777
07-13-2003, 11:51 AM
I like KQIV an VI the most, Was it KQIV of Mario Bros. 1 that I played 1st? I don't remember The only I didn't like was KQVII (I haven't Played KQVIII yet) IMO KQIV was actualy deeper in story them KQV. I'd love to see a modernnised version of it.

Maverick_Zero
07-13-2003, 04:26 PM
I've played I,V, and VI, I didn't like I too much, but it was on a pc gamer free game disc, and I could only run it on my crappy computer. I might try these remakes, I do love classic adventure games.

redmage777
07-14-2003, 03:42 PM
Anyone know if and where anyone has all the screens from KQ4 ripped and in perfect form?