PDA

View Full Version : Whoa.

Pablo
07-05-2003, 03:13 PM
After 7 long years, I HAVE FINALLY BEATEN SUPER MARIO 64!!!

I got it when it came out in '96, and played it on and off for half a decade. I then forgot about it...but today I dug it out and found that I had 114 stars, so I just had to beat the last Bowser.

Poor Mario, getting just a kiss on the nose after wasting all that time to save the princess...:)

Brasel
07-05-2003, 04:42 PM
Heh, I beat it years ago, but I never did get all 120 stars. I'm stuck on two to this day. I have 118 stars and I can't get the red coin one from the rainbow level, and the 100 coins from the same.

vegeta1215
07-05-2003, 06:23 PM
The rainbow level is one of the hardest levels to get the stars in. I think the other that gave me alot of trouble was the wing cap level (the one where you walk into the castle and look at the sun shining down from the ceiling). In that level to get all the red coins you have to fly up really high and circle down in an exact path, and once you get the last red coin (which is a little lower than the tower to land on) you have to swoop back up!

It was fun getting all 120 stars, but I sure wish there was a better reward :(

Mak-X
07-05-2003, 06:24 PM
I bought it used finally a couple of days ago. That game is still soo good. I got 70 stars the day before yesterday, I always mess up and never hit the spikes right when throwing Bowser ;) Its also better than Super Mario Sunshine as I kinda thought, hopefully "Mario 128" will be really good, I think its being called a "true sequel" to SM64.

Master Ghaleon
07-10-2003, 12:35 PM
Damn man, thats an old game hehe. But that was a pretty good game from what I rememberd of it.

Rijuhn
07-10-2003, 01:18 PM
Mario 64 was easy for me. Well not really easy, but it wasn't mind numbing failure after failure of falling to my death from shitty controls like Super Mario Sunshine. I can't beat Super Mario Sunshine at all. In several levels I'm at the part where I get my water pack stolen and I have to do some kind of gay maze, but I always die because Miyamoto decided to make everything slippery and gay! AHH I hate SMS!

Jawa Podracer
07-10-2003, 02:05 PM
If I rememebr correctly(which I don't think I do), Miyamotot didn't actually work on SMS. Mr. Iwata was the head of that project.

Pablo
07-10-2003, 02:08 PM
I'm surprised no one has called me pathetic for taking 7 years to beat the game :p

Rainman
07-10-2003, 04:57 PM
I won't fault you for taking your time. :) Actually, I do that all the time with games. I start it, play like mad, get involved with something, and lose interest. That's the way it goes with me.

Cloral
07-10-2003, 08:00 PM
Actually, I always lose interest in a game just when I'm about to beat it. For instance, I've been at Ganon's door in WW for about 2 months now, and simply haven't played the game at all since then. I guess it's because I play a game to enjoy it, not to beat it. Also, I haven't finished SMS, nor do I expect I ever will. The game just grates on me too much.

As for the red coin star in course 15. The thing here is you have to be able to do Mario's various jumps well to reach all the points of the 'maze' - the long jump (running Z + A), flip jump (Z + A), double jump, and wall kick. If you managed to reach the pink bob-omb for the canon star, you shouldn't have much trouble here. And for the 100 coin star, most of the routes on the magic carpets have teleporters at the end of the path, so you can get coins this way (the teleporters are invisible, so just try standing in various places until you find them).

cyberkiller6276
07-10-2003, 08:24 PM
heh.. i got the 8 red coins in the rainbow place but not the hundred coins...i still only have 115 stars...:shrug:

Dark Jim
07-10-2003, 09:06 PM
It was a great game and it took me awhile to get all those 120 stars. Especially the clock and rainbow level and that other rainbow level with only the 8 red coins. I would almost throw my controller into the tv when I fell into a pit for the 4328957th time. -_-

Originally posted by vegeta1215
It was fun getting all 120 stars, but I sure wish there was a better reward :(
Yeah that sucked. Oh wow 100 lives when you finished the game and which are totally pointless to begin with. I hoped I could sit on Yoshi or something instead. :(

Pablo
07-10-2003, 10:55 PM
I heard it was possible to wall-jump your way to Yoshi on top of the castle, and I wanted to try it. Is there a trick to it?

Master Ghaleon
07-10-2003, 11:00 PM
I thought that was some kind of cheat or something to do that. ? I dunno? Its been forever since I played it

Rainman
07-11-2003, 12:02 AM
I remember doing this one cool thing all the time on the roof. Let me explain. The roof of the castle has a tower sticking out is in the center... you know what I mean. For some reason I was jumping on top of it I suppose to try to get higher when suddenly I went through and fell to the space between the door into the castle. It's the short hallway you see when you open the door to go in the castle. Well anyway it served no purpose other than it was cool.

P.S. forgive me if the above explanation made no sense. It's been a long time since I've played it and I wrote that from memory. :blah: