PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Thunderstorms

Superstrider
07-05-2003, 10:18 AM
:mega:
(Thread started on July 5, 2003 at 9:02 A.M. Central Time)
What a rude awakening I had this morning. There were intense thunder-storms at around 3:35 this morning. The thunder was almost instantanious to the lightning strikes, the sound was immense (like really loud fireworks), and wouldn't stop until at least 4:00. Then, around 5:43, another one began! And it was as loud as the first. Did anyone of you experience it, too?

J.J. Maxx
07-05-2003, 10:19 AM
Yep it hit us here in NY about 1:30 am. It wasn't as bad as I've seen before but it was enough to wake Chibi up. :shrug:

~cydlet~
07-05-2003, 10:25 AM
The first round o' storms hit here in Ohio just early enough to cancel or abruptly end the scheduled fireworks displays. i was hanging out in my dad and stepmom's heavily wooded backyard when all hell broke loose ... i've never seen those adults move so fast to get everything inside! our quick reaction scared my nephew, :eek: but a few rounds of Uno with his uncle Jason and cousins fixed him right up.

There was LOTS of lightening, even long after the worst had passed ~ i guess Mother Nature decided HER fireworks would be a better show.

If that early-AM storm hit here, i slept right through it.

zora man
07-05-2003, 10:31 AM
You all are lucky most of the time we have bad storms down here we get a nice little gift with them..........tornadoes.

Superstrider
07-05-2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by ~cydlet~
There was LOTS of lightening, even long after the worst had passed ~ i guess Mother Nature decided HER fireworks would be a better show.

Ha, Ha! That's very funny! Oh, did you know that a lightning bolt generates temperatures five times hotter than those found at the sun's surface? I got that from another site.

Crazy_Link
07-05-2003, 02:56 PM
Nope, I was safe at home at Houston sound asleep

Sephiroth
07-05-2003, 03:13 PM
It hit my house.. I Live in NW Ind and I slept right through it.. I'm a really heavy sleeper!:shocking: :goofy:

Superstrider
07-05-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Snort_2000
It hit my house.. I Live in NW Ind and I slept right through it.. I'm a really heavy sleeper!:shocking: :goofy:

Well, I couldn't...

Starkist
07-05-2003, 04:53 PM
We have weak thunderstorms here out West occasionally... I've been to Missouri, now there are some real thunderstorms.

inori
07-05-2003, 07:26 PM
I'm originally from Kansas, so I know all about thunderstorms. Now I live in California. These people will go on about the "storm" anytime the wind exceeds ten miles per hour and enough rain falls to sound loud. It's quite pathetic.

Pablo
07-05-2003, 07:30 PM
I was told there were thunderstorms and even a micro-burst near where I live, but I slept through it. Not even a kick in the head could wake me up :p

Sub-Zero
07-06-2003, 10:49 AM
Yeah, I live in Ohio...I was watching a dumb movie with some girls.....That was some pretty crazy lightening...I was hoping that it would knock the lights out, but no luck!! lol

Rainman
07-06-2003, 03:53 PM
That weather got to here in upper PA last night and interrupted a fireworks show. We are now having July 6th fireworks. :\

Gerudo
07-07-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Superstrider
:mega: :mega: :mega: :mega: :mega: :mega:
thats about all i see when i read your text, must you use those mega smilies in every post? it wouldnt be so bad, but its EVERY time you post anything... :cry:

on-topic: yea, it rained pretty hard, i almost had to yell for people to hear me during its worst 3 minutes... heavy HEAVY rain...