PDA

View Full Version : Pictures from Baghdad

fatcatfan
07-03-2003, 11:57 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289784337&code=5710841&mode=invite

Just got this link in an email from the wife of my friend in Baghdad. He's the guy you see in most of the pictures ;). I pray God brings him home safe. I've got to ask what the deal is with the hole in the wall. It must be some kind of spy hole...

Goat
07-04-2003, 02:24 PM
My cousin got back about a month ago, he loved it over there. He's weird, I'd hate to be over there, one for having to kill people I personally have no beef with, and two defending a government I have lost faith in. Not liek I'm one of those hippy queers however. I hate my government, but support my troops. I'm a weird little paradox.

He looks liek he's having fun tho. My cousin just liked getting to go out and shoot his gun, he's a hick so that meant the world to him *shrugs*

J.J. Maxx
07-04-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Goat
I hate my government, but support my troops. I'm a weird little paradox...

..also known as a hypocrite. :thumbsup:

Sub-Zero
07-04-2003, 04:54 PM
how can you hate this government? seriously.... everyone in this country has the life... When is the last time you had to worry about starving to death? No matter who is governing, not everything is going to be fair and impartial...but with this government, its about as close as it gets... the only people that sit around blaming the government for this "sad world" that they live in, are whiney little bitches that probably don't have many real problems.

I love the country I live in, which was created by this government.... welp, that's about as patriotic as it gets for me! Happy 4th of July Folks!

fatcatfan - Cool Pics Man! :)

Daarkseid
07-04-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by J.J. Maxx

..also known as a hypocrite. :thumbsup:

I must dispute this. Its perfectly fine to oppose the actions of one's government and at the same time hope that things go well for your fellow American who is risking his life for what would be seen as a less than noble cause. It is very gracious, I would think, that Goat would want our troops to be safe, despite the mission they are taking on.

J.J. Maxx
07-04-2003, 06:13 PM
Technically, the government and the troops are unseperable. The President, whom all choices ultimately pass through, is the Commander of all the armed forces of the United States.

It would be the smae as if he said, 'I hate General Dick, but I support General Harry.' Because the two entities he compares are really one in the same.

Master Ghaleon
07-04-2003, 06:19 PM
I hope your freind gets home safe, and everyone else out there. My freind paul got to ride in those tanks[Bradleys] while heading to baghdad.