PDA

View Full Version : 2 cool GB devices

stormwatcheagle
07-03-2003, 01:00 AM
Today, I got a Gameboy player for my Gamecube and a rom cartrige. They're so cool. I have 30 roms on the cartrige including megaman 1-5, Castelvania 1 &2, Exciteabike, Metroid, and other classics. And now, I can play them all on my tv! The only problem is, I can't seem to get the sereo sound working on Megaman Battle network. The music's twice as slow without the other channel. But still, a good day overall.

vegeta1215
07-03-2003, 01:32 AM
Cool.

Are GBC games emulated better on the Gameboy Player than on GBA? I ask cause for me, some of my GBC games (like Super Mario Bros Deluxe), though they play fine on GBA, the colors were off and darker. That's why I kept my GBC.

btw, what's a ROM cartridge? Is it like a blank GBA game, which you can upload GBA ROMs onto from your computer, and then play?

stormwatcheagle
07-03-2003, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by vegeta1215
Cool.

Are GBC games emulated better on the Gameboy Player than on GBA? I ask cause for me, some of my GBC games (like Super Mario Bros Deluxe), though they play fine on GBA, the colors were off and darker. That's why I kept my GBC.

btw, what's a ROM cartridge? Is it like a blank GBA game, which you can upload GBA ROMs onto from your computer, and then play?

1. I can't say for shure, i don't own any GBC cartriges, only GB and GBA. (mid post rememberance) Oh, wait, I have Pokemon pnball, I think it's color. I'll get back to you on that.

2. I can download roms and put them onto the cartrige myself, but i'm not shure how. The guy I got it from said he can add othr games to it, but it would be like 20 bucks, so i'm gonna look for a computer hookup and download some games myself.

vegeta1215
07-03-2003, 02:01 AM
What I'd like to see is something (that would've been a good addition to the GB Player) which can transfer your battery saves to some format that is longer lasting like flash memory, and then have be able to load them back into the game when you're ready to play.

Actually, some company makes something like that. It's called Memory Master or something. Sounds pretty cool, but I'd be leary about using it since Nintendo doesn't endorse it. Still, my battery saves are gonna run out in a few years :(

btw, if you're looking for a good GBC game, Super Mario Deluxe is a must have. I was never really a fan of the original Super Mario Bros, but Deluxe convinced me. There's so much to do in it, and the challenge levels, where you attempt to get a certain score and find some hidden things in each level, are so fun, and really make you appreciate the game.

Ian
07-03-2003, 09:38 AM
I'd love to get a GB player, but I'm in a cash droubt (not suprising) How much did you pay for it? I think if I smash my piggy bank, I might have enough quaters for one :sweat:

The ROM cartridge sounds interesting, did the guy you got if from say where he got it?

El Oso Verde
07-03-2003, 01:28 PM
Oh, Vegeta, you can do that with a Gameshark or Action Replay, as they're called now.

I've got one, and it works wonders. One of my friends accidentally screwed up in one of his games, so I downloaded the save to my pc, and popped it in an emulator and hacked it so he had the item he accidentally erased back.

When you're done you can just re-upload it to the game cartridge through the USB cable.

I know Gamesharks for GBA were running around $30-$40 but the AR is only $20, and it's EXACTLY the same thing.

About the ROM cartridge, did this guy buy a bunch of them in bulk and only get one reader/writer for them or something? How much is he selling the carts for?

KJAZZ
07-03-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by vegeta1215
btw, if you're looking for a good GBC game, Super Mario Deluxe is a must have. I was never really a fan of the original Super Mario Bros, but Deluxe convinced me. There's so much to do in it, and the challenge levels, where you attempt to get a certain score and find some hidden things in each level, are so fun, and really make you appreciate the game.

I agree. :D I have the game, and it's very fun, seeing as my NES doesn't work anymore, and playing the game on an emulator gets boring..

stormwatcheagle
07-04-2003, 12:40 AM
We only got 1 cartrige with 28 games on it. We don't have the computer linkup yet, and it was $60. Still, with all the classic games on it, i'm happy.

MottZilla
07-04-2003, 03:22 AM
swe, GBA FlashLinker sets tend to cost 100$s or more.

I suppose it might be worth it though depending how much you use it. I always wanted to get a SNES Super Wild Card DX 2 and a N64 Z64. I also wanted the TriStar64. ;)

El Oso Verde
07-04-2003, 03:20 PM
That's actually a pretty good deal, the blank cart is usually the most expensive part.

You can probably get a linker for it for under $30, you should try and find out what type of cart it is so you get the correct linker.

MMMMM super wild card http://users3.ev1.net/~fontlady/nick/smileys/mmdrool.gif

Jawa Podracer
07-04-2003, 08:37 PM
I would get a flash cart, but I'm low on money, and againt ROM usage(Many god companies go out of business because of it).

Still, I hate you. I want a GameBoy Player.

Tetradense
07-04-2003, 11:29 PM
I have a flash cart for gba and its really neat. You can put old NES games on it as well as gba roms. I use it to play old Nes games and the saves work and it can be rewritten. And yes the writer is like 30 bucks. It also lets you backup saves and games (thats probably how most gba roms are made) so you can put up 4 games you bought all onto one cart.

KingArthur
07-06-2003, 01:45 AM
psssst... http://www.success-hk.com/ sells linkers and flashcards.....

njptoo86
07-06-2003, 07:14 AM
go to http://www.liksang.com they have tons of stuff like this for many systems but they were just sewed so they may not have many left

MottZilla
07-06-2003, 04:54 PM
liksang was sued by nintendo FOR GBA FLASHING hardware. In otherwords Nintendo sued them for selling exactly what you want. ;)