PDA

View Full Version : FF3j Quest preview...

System Error
07-01-2003, 11:13 PM
Check the pic in my sig out: It's Norkule Jungle! It's going to be the first REAL MAJOR area in the game (other than the first one). Much of the jungle is flooded from unknown reasons. It's said that if you enter the jungle, all your worst nightmares will occur in there. Zombies, Boogeymen, being buried alive, terriost bombs, you name it! Even fearless warriors must take caution, as there are a host of monsters and plants dwelling within the jungle, such as...

Deka Babas (you know them)

Omega Babas (Deka Babas that are stronger and can move with their roots)

Cloranominalite (water plants of many colors that will eat anything that comes near it. This is the breed of plant in the screenshot)

Venus Man Traps (like Venus flytraps, only they eat humans)

Gigan Carnivores (large plants that use the ground to move silently stalking their prey)

DarkFlameWolf
07-01-2003, 11:42 PM
its hard to tell exactly what the hell is what. It looks like it would be hard to navigate around in that.

System Error
07-02-2003, 12:04 AM
Still, it won't be that hard to see in the real game because you can see the water effects (that weren't shown). Actually, you move around on the upper cliffs mainly. You don't have to go in that mess of underwaterness later on in the game.

Foxx
07-02-2003, 05:21 AM
Hmmm, now I'm not totally sure about this, but that looks like a slightly recolored Pure Tileset screen with a layer of vines slapped over it. It might just be me, though.

System Error
07-02-2003, 02:46 PM
Yup, that's it. It's based off the pure tileset, but I'm adding in a pletopia (sp?) of new tiles and palletes. How much is there? Let's just say, enough to keep it original enough from other pure-users. ;)

KJAZZ
07-04-2003, 03:35 PM
FF3j? That looks nothing at all like FF3j. It looks..ugly..If you improve on the trees and vines, it'll look better..

Besides, if plith ever decides to finish FFKR, then that will be a true FF3j style quest..

System Error
07-04-2003, 04:29 PM
Bah! The plot is similar to FF3j, the tiles have nothing to do with it. And I don't want to use Pure (crap) trees, Nonono, those ones are overused to death in quests 500 times like the theme of love in songs is overused to death 9,000,000 times and look like midget trees. The SD3 trees I'm using look good enough for me to be happy.

And I'd like to see you make tiles that go along with the jungle-swamp type area! You CANNOT diss somebody about their tiles unless you can make ones that look better and more original than they can do in their opinion. And my quest tries to look sort of realistic, while others look bright and cartoony.