PDA

View Full Version : About freeform dngn rule...

Petoe
07-01-2003, 08:58 AM
I know what freeform dungeon rule is and what it does. But I have a question because I want to be sure if it's safe to use it in my quest now.

I made 4 levels using dungeon DMaps before the incredible lock blocks came. But now I want to make those 4 first levels more "free", so I have to check the freeform dungeon rule. With it I can get rid of the invisible borders and layers on the edge, but was that all? I mean, I remeber hearing from people that it might cause some problems if you change the rule in the middle of the quest making, or then I remember wrong. I just want to be sure that everything should be fine after I check the rule, so should I worry or not? :confuse2:

Tsukuru
07-01-2003, 10:50 AM
There shouldn't be any problems other than having to make the passages overhead combos so it still looks like link is walking under them.

idontknow
07-01-2003, 12:08 PM
yes, you should be fine-also be aware, however, that link will still automatically walk out a space or two like he always does in dungeon dmaps, whether or not the space is open or if there's a door there--also, even in freeform dungeons, enemies will not go within 2 tiles of the edge, even if link can walk there

as far as lock blocks go, all lock block & lock block 2 combos open at the same time, however, seperately from locked door combos, and locked door combos do not & prob should not be set to the locked block type.

Petoe
07-01-2003, 01:13 PM
Thank you both, though I already knew what IDK explained. But if there's nothing more to worry then I'll go and check the freeform dng rule... :)

jman2050
07-01-2003, 06:38 PM
Freeform dungeons can be more trouble than its worth in its current form. If you want the ultimate freedom over your dungeons, screw dungeon dmaps and make them all cave dmaps, and then work out bombable walls and shutter doors manually.

Petoe
07-02-2003, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by jman2050
Freeform dungeons can be more trouble than its worth in its current form. If you want the ultimate freedom over your dungeons, screw dungeon dmaps and make them all cave dmaps, and then work out bombable walls and shutter doors manually.
How freeform dungeons are more trouble than the current form? Well anyway, I'd like to get rid of all the dngn DMaps, but you can't have 2 or more locked doors in a same room with lock blocks...so I have to use dngn Dmaps. :(

Sephiroth
07-04-2003, 10:36 AM
Use the loced doors by pressing f6 and if you want a "offcenter" loced door, make new combos that look like a locked door but yet it is a lock block, then make the door "open" by putting in passage combos after the lock blocks.

In my current quest, I have two locked doors on one wall. And they open with seperate keys.. :D