PDA

View Full Version : DoY,beta152

mandi2
07-01-2003, 03:57 AM
hi folks,

i think its about the 3rd thread about this problem.

but i cant find beta152 version, and DoY is really buggy in the other ones.
i found a thread by cyclone, that released beta 152 for a year ago, but the download links do not work.

please, please send me beta152, i really want to play the quest.
[email protected]

C-Dawg
07-01-2003, 02:07 PM
To be fair, DoY is reasonably buggy in 152 too. But all the fatal bugs- the block not moving in the Crypt, the layer problem- are corrected in 152. The bugs that remain are cosmetic- they serve to remind you you're playing a fanboy hackjob more than anything else.

I will upload Zquest 152 to my online briefcase later today if it turns out I still have the file. I'm pretty sure I do.

As long as I'm posting... you've probably noticed the long period of stasis concerning Sabotage Dragoon. This is to be expected, since I've been working full time, and when I'm off work, I've been either having sex, drinking, or training with my roommates for the release of The Frozen Throne. (IN TWO FUCKING DAYS. ROCK.)

Anyway, the reasons don't matter. What matters is my production schedule. I originally planned to have it done by next Feb 21, and that's not going to happen. I figure at this ponit you can count on it being done Feb 21, 2005. On Feb 21, 2004, expect another public demo release. (It won't include as much as current beta testers see, but it should be enough to keep the interest up.)

I may not have the patience to sit around and design monsterously long and complicated custom bosses right now, but I do have time to play through good ol' DoY. It might be worth my while to play through it using the newest beta, and correct the betabugs I find in order to make it playable for the new people. I know a few of you are interested in this, so consider that I'll make the attempt to do this over the next few weeks.

No promises, though.

-C

Dart Zaidyer
07-01-2003, 02:24 PM
Well, good luck. There is a horribly huge beta bug that takes out a lot of the caves in DoY. If Link is somewhere off to the right of the DMap (IE, his position indicator on the minimap is over somewhere in the rupee/bomb/key counters) he will not be able to sidewarp to the right; only the left.
This can probably be fixed by simply changing the DMap Type so it allows the full Map to be used, rather than half as it currently is.

jman2050
07-01-2003, 06:35 PM
Now if I can only finish DoY... I've been at almost the exact same spot since last August :(

brewer
11-10-2003, 01:41 PM
I have this same problem. can't get through the train station. does anyone have beta 152? This is a great quest as most already know but I can't continue to play without it.

Petoe
11-10-2003, 01:51 PM
I have beta 152 on my computer. I never delete old stuff.

If there's a place where I could upload the beta, I'd happily do that.

jman2050
11-10-2003, 02:38 PM
www.cgi101.com/~jman2050/zcb152.exe

THis is what, the fifth time I've made this link :rolleyes: . Also, just so you know I am slowly working on converting DoY to work correctly on the new versions of ZC, all the while correcting whatever other bugs it may contain. This may take a LONG while though, so don't expect anything anytime soon.

brewer
11-10-2003, 04:50 PM
oops, sorry, I looked all over for it in the forums for about an hour and finally gave up, thanks though. it will be good to get back to the evil train station.

One problem, for some reason I can't seem to get my saved game to work. I set up the new beta and then just copied and pasted my zelda.sav from my 183 directory to my 152 directory, but when I start up the game, none of my saved games are there. is there some trick to it or am I just screwed and have to start the quest over?

elise
11-10-2003, 05:53 PM
I was also playing it again was just on my way to the dreameaters.
Downloaded the beta 152 and started a hole new game
Think we can forget to use the old save file.

jman2050
11-11-2003, 02:28 PM
Umm, how do oyu expect a newer version of the ZC save file to work with an old version of ZC. No offense, but that's like trying to make ALTTP work on an NES.

In other words, it can't be done. Time to start over.