PDA

View Full Version : Hd Lv 8

Jojo
06-30-2003, 05:14 PM
Like Blonde799 I am experiencing problems in LV 8 with overlapping screens.

I believe all I need is a key and I can go through, kill the boss and get the triforce. I can't get the key due to the overlapping, it won't let me access the chest, shooting the arrow is doing nothing.

Is it possible to get a key in Death Mountain (where do I get the first key, if possible), go back finish LV 8 and then go get the Master Key. I already I know i will need the triforce to enter that optional dungeon.

After all the months I've been playing this quest I would hate to have to give up this close to the end.

Thanks *smiles*

Blonde799
06-30-2003, 05:18 PM
Well, all I can say is to try the most recent version available. I had to reinstall the recent verson so many times it was scary. After that, I had to pull an all nighter.:p

Jojo
06-30-2003, 05:23 PM
For reasons I can't figure out *laughs* I am a novice in the world of Zelda, I have never been able to get the "beta" version to work on my poor old puter, so not sure what solution may be available to me.

Are you trying to tell me you ended up having to replay the entire quest?

Blonde799
06-30-2003, 05:24 PM
Yeah. Not exactly the kind of marathon I had in mind.:laughing:

Jojo
06-30-2003, 05:28 PM
YIKES!!!!!!

DarkFlameWolf
06-30-2003, 05:51 PM
HD was meant for beta 183. There are certain features that will either disable certain things in earlier versions or make it hard or impossible to get past some points. I suggest playing using beta 183 for best results. I cannot help you otherwise if you are using a beta less than what is required for the quest.

Jojo
07-02-2003, 09:40 AM
DFW, I know I have read several times that it was really meant for beta, however, for reasons I have never been able to figure out the "beta" version will not run on my geriatric computer so I have to settle for playing the old quests.

Btw...I did manage to complete Level 8. *blushing* Seems the chest I assumed contained a key, contained a rupee. So off I go to find the rest of the optional dungeons and get the big guy.

Again, this quest is absolutely amazing in every sense *S*

DarkFlameWolf
07-02-2003, 03:37 PM
good luck, its up to you if you want to use hte magic key and ruin floor 1 of level 9 for yourself or take up the challenge of the 25 key hunt. ;)

Jojo
07-03-2003, 09:51 AM
*laughing* Oh I'm definitely up for the challenge, after the months I've been playing this Quest to short change myself and not find all 25 keys would be a sin. ;)

Cloral
07-03-2003, 03:04 PM
The hardest part about getting the 25 keys was remembering which chests I had gotten and which were still left. Still haven't quite finished the quest though.

And I had no problems with level 8, so you've probably just missed something. :shrug: