06-30-2003, 04:29 PM
http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2003/20030630l.gif

:laughing:

Blonde799
06-30-2003, 04:33 PM
Looks like someone had too much of the penguin last night.:p

AlexMax
06-30-2003, 04:33 PM
I am one of the biggest Linux fans on this site.

And even I think that Linux on Xbox is a pretty stupid idea. I mean, come on, seriously...maybe when the Xbox is dead and buried like the dreamcast, or when the company who makes it doesn't impliment 10 different ways of locking you out, like the GBA....

Blonde799
06-30-2003, 04:48 PM
Kinda sad that a nerd thinks he had sex by talking to a chick.:laughing: Boy quakes maybe, but not sex.

Dracula
06-30-2003, 06:33 PM
Some people need more friends...

Blonde799
06-30-2003, 06:58 PM
In this case, that nerd needs a chick.:p

Daarkseid
06-30-2003, 07:06 PM
Hah hah hah, that comic is great.

Kinda sad that a nerd thinks he had sex by talking to a chick. Boy quakes maybe, but not sex.

I think thats the point. Unless the comic itself is not attempting a subtle jab at the social aptitude of rabid linux fans, but in actuality revealing to the public at large the plight of the linux fan who will one day go extinct as a result of their
proclivities and further demanding our sympathy for their condition and to lobby some kind of effort to save their kind.

TedHead
06-30-2003, 07:23 PM
Hehe that's a funny comic.

I have always wondered (and I am very uneducated about this subject) why people like Linux so much? My friend has it, and he constantly has problems with it and never gets it to work and he has to use all these crappy programs on it since the good ones have no support for Linux... what's so great about it? He has so many problems, yet he adores it.

Anyone wanna educate me?

gdorf
07-01-2003, 09:41 PM
I have always wondered (and I am very uneducated about this subject) why people like Linux so much? My friend has it, and he constantly has problems with it and never gets it to work and he has to use all these crappy programs on it since the good ones have no support for Linux... what's so great about it? He has so many problems, yet he adores it.

The truth is, nowadays, that most versions of linux are very user-friendly and easy to use. They sport a wide variety of software than is compatible with many different file types. Distros such as Mandrake and Redhat have a lot of support, and, when you throw in the power of the command line linux, can be used to do many amazing things. So, if you are interested in Linux at all, go ahead and try it. It may not be for you (not everyone likes it)... but you might fall in love with it.

And, best of all, you can't beat the price. :P

Funny comic, although I agree with Alexmax, Linux on the Xbox is retarded.

vegeta1215
07-02-2003, 01:55 AM
Linux on X-box: you're paying about $200 for a dencently powerful Linux box that you can hook up to your tv. Doesn't sound stupid to me.

bleh, Penny Arcade. Don't they know many readers of their comics are Linux users?

The Savior
07-02-2003, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by vegeta1215
bleh, Penny Arcade. Don't they know many readers of their comics are Linux users? He's going on the assumtion that most people that read his site have a sense of humor, I suppose.

Brasel
07-02-2003, 06:23 AM
Why put any OS on an XBox in the first place?

tgf_guy
07-02-2003, 07:23 AM
Linux on X-box: you're paying about $200 for a dencently powerful Linux box that you can hook up to your tv. Doesn't sound stupid to me.

The thing is: Why would the main competitor of Linux put their competitor's software onto their own gaming machine?

Dark_Legend
07-02-2003, 09:45 AM
Man that comic is a laugh!:lmao: Well.. I still like archie comics more!:)

The Savior
07-02-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by tgf_guy

The thing is: Why would the main competitor of Linux put their competitor's software onto their own gaming machine?

Because it would prevent even more rampant piracy.

vegeta1215
07-02-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by The Savior
He's going on the assumtion that most people that read his site have a sense of humor, I suppose.

I have a sense of humor, and have no problem laughing at myself if someone makes a good joke, but I didn't think the comic was very funny.

Originally posted by Sir Anthony
Why put any OS on an XBox in the first place?

The X-Box already has an OS on it when you buy it new at the store. I think it runs a modified version of Windows 2000.

Originally posted by tgf_guy

MS doesn't put Linux on their X-Boxes, hobbyists have figured out how to put Linux on the X-Box since the hardware is alot like that of a regular desktop computer, and because it's a decently powerful one for what you pay for it.

Shadowblazer
07-02-2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Sir Anthony
Why put any OS on an XBox in the first place? Because with a little bit of work it's the most powerful PC you can buy for $200.

Ian
07-02-2003, 10:00 PM
The X-Box already has an OS on it when you buy it new at the store. I think it runs a modified version of Windows 2000.

Ironically, Win2k was really bad for gaming (for my friends at least) They could never get any computer games to work right with it installed.

Though, I thought the comic was pretty funny, but they have done much better.

Menokh
07-03-2003, 12:05 AM
That is a funny comic.
I think that if you can't laugh at yourself or your subculture, then you need to learn how to.

As for Linux on the X-box, I think it is a cool idea, but useless. I can get a computer with a 1.1 ghz processor and 128 megs of ram for $200, and could use it with Linux if I wanted to. In other words, buying an X-box simply for Linux is pointless.