PDA

View Full Version : how do you change sprites?

syphon_dragon
06-30-2003, 03:22 PM
if i understand correctly, sprites are things like link, and charecters and stuff. well, what im wondering is how you can change it from the link sprites to something else. ive found downloads for them, i just dont know how to activate them..

Freedom
06-30-2003, 05:29 PM
It's pretty complicated at first if you don't know and understand the program.
that's why it's best to build a test quest first to learn how things work.

to change sprites, you have to export them from the quest they are in or rip them from the gif or bmp that they are on, and often then you will need to recolor them as well.

to import them you go to >graphics>tiles and then scroll down to the bottom where you have an empty (black) space and click on it, then you click grab and open the file that has the sprite you want, be it a bmp or a .til that you exported from a .qst that had the sprites you wanted.

then just click "ok" and then you can edit them (re-color)

You can also just swap out sprites in the same fasion my covering over the sprite you have with the sprite you want, but keep in mind they (the old ones) are then gone gone gone, so if you have no back-up and you can't get the new ones to work you are out of luck.

idontknow
06-30-2003, 06:06 PM
Basically, you insert the tiles from pictures taken from other quests, pasting them in the tile editor of your quest--or you can simple import a whole graphics pack from certain graphic packs that you can download. replacing the current link tiles is the only way to change his tiles (well most of them at least). To change his slashing sprites, as well as sprites of other things, including items, you can select the tiles to use for them in the sprites editor. To change the sprites of enemies, simply replace the current enemy tiles with custom ones.

syphon_dragon
06-30-2003, 06:53 PM
ok. thanks. i think i understand it now