PDA

View Full Version : Crikey, mates!

Rijuhn
06-29-2003, 11:29 PM
Today is my 18th birthday, and...I got a job at my local Outback Steakhouse. I went to orientation this morning and had to do a fair amount of paperwork and get oriented and stuff. I think I'm going to like working at Outback very much after hearing a lot about the way the company is run. They encourage, actually they nearly enforce family-like friendliness with co-workers and customers. They really focus on making everything fun and relaxed, which I've been wanting to do ever since I've been homeschooled and stuck inside.

I really need to get my mojo working once and for all and to finally break and destroy my social shyness. It grows back whenever I don't have a job. Well, I work tomorrow at 3:30pm til around 8 or so. Wish me luck guys.

Oh, one last thing. I'm getting my Intuos2 6x8 USB graphics tablet in about a week. This is something I've been anticipating for a few years now, so hopefully you'll start seeing my artwork on the net in a month or two. Okay, I'm done.

DeathLink
06-29-2003, 11:37 PM
hahaha you were homeschooled!!! j/k i know how that was, i was hs from 1st - 7th grades. i actually liked it, but i wouldnt do it again!

good luck w/ur new job!!

TedHead
06-30-2003, 12:03 AM
Good luck!

I think I went there before, I'm not sure, but if it's the place I'm thinking of, it's an amazing place. I would love to work there myself. When I went, the food was amazing, and this really good looking girl served our table ;)

Plus they give you crayons to write on the table placemats! You can't go wrong with that!

Happy 18th!

Dark_Legend
06-30-2003, 07:50 AM
Man I think that being homescholled isn't very good because believe it or not many kids like to go to school to hang with their friends and talk to them through classes!:) But me personally want to be homeschooled, because my sessions would be shorter than the schools schedule!;)

Rijuhn
06-30-2003, 11:46 PM
Well, I just worked my first day from 3:30 - 9:00 pm today. Man, my legs are so sore. I've been working out for the past 4 months but I've never really concetrated on my legs so they are baddly out of shape.

Let me tell you a little about my first day as a bus boy. I'm going to be in training for the next week and a half I guess, like I was today, so I have to follow a guy named David around Outback and he's been showing me the ropes. I think I've gotten the most important stuff learned but the little tips and such will be learned by the end of the month. By then I should feel like I belong there. I must say that it isn't that bad of a job. We get to laugh and joke and have a fun, but very fast-paced and efficient staff.

I have to always be walking around quickly making sure I've gotten all of the tables cleaned and stuff like that. It's not a bad job, but it isn't a good job either. It's a job that you just do and have nothing to complain about. I think I'll be able to work well into next year at Outback. I can't wait until my first paycheck, man that'll be so sweet. Not to mention my graphics tablet (Intuos2) in about a week.

Man, I feel so alive. It feels so wonderful to be out of my house and see the world. I came home tonight actually looking forward to going to sleep and getting online. I feel like I finally earned my right to live in this house. It's an experience that can only be understood unless you've actually been in a similar situation as I have been in. I feel like I can face the world with a big grin on my face.

Ian
07-01-2003, 09:48 AM
At leeast you like the place. It's better that being forced to go to a job you hate completely. I hope it works out well for you.

BTW, happy belated birthday!

moocow
07-01-2003, 05:35 PM
Happy 18th Birthday! I'm still looking for a job. :p

Good luck with your job and social life ;)