PDA

View Full Version : Lousy Mariners!

Starkist
06-29-2003, 07:39 PM
They're the stinking best team in baseball and over the past week they've now lost 4 out of 6 to the horrid San Diego Padres! They took a 6-2 lead into the ninth inning and lost 8-6! This after taking a 4-0 lead last week into the ninth inning with two outs and lost. Grrr....

Gerudo
06-29-2003, 08:01 PM
baseball sucks, imo...

if course, i avidly watch 'sports entertainment', so i guess i aint got room to talk :reading:

AlphaDawg
06-29-2003, 09:28 PM
No biggie, every good team has one of those bad stretches every now and then.

I remember a couple of years ago how pissed I was after my beloved Sillies got swept by the ne'er been good Devil Rays. They ended up losing the division by two games that year. I'm not sure if the loudmouths on sports talk radio here thought back to that series sweep at the time, but I know I did.

Hopefully come October both of our teams will be in the postseason. Should the Sillies not be, most likely I'll be thinking back to the three wretched games they played against the Mariners... while the Braves were busy beating up on the punchless Rangers. Grrr...

Starkist
06-29-2003, 09:32 PM
That's the odd thing about baseball... Seattle can sweep Philly and take two of three from Atlanta, but lose four of six to San Diego...

/me shakes his head.

Yet I still watch...

MrCow
06-29-2003, 09:33 PM
lol how bout the game against the red sox 24 to 6 or something like that. haha sox still suck but it was nice to see a win

Sub-Zero
06-29-2003, 09:36 PM
Baseball totally doesnt suck..... but i've payed no attention to it at all this year, I have forgotten to watch TV lately. So which teams are good this year?

Starkist
06-29-2003, 09:40 PM
Yanks, Jays, and Red Sox fighting for second and third in the AL East, Twins and Royals trying to show who doesn't want it more in the Central, Mariners owning everyone but San Diego...

In the NL, it's the Dodgers and Giants trying to stay ahead of the D-Backs (without Randy or Curt they've won eleven straight), Astros, Reds, Cards, and Cubs making the NL Central look good, and the Braves (as always) leading the East, though the Expos (!!!) and the Phillies try to imagine a world without Atlanta.

inori
06-30-2003, 03:24 AM
Bah, lay off the Royals. They lost 100 games last year, and now they're leading their division? They're the only team I'm paying attention to this year... even if they ultimately don't win it (which wouldn't surprise me), they've still made things much more interesting than last year's team.

Dark_Legend
06-30-2003, 08:14 AM
I hate baseball, But i love Basketball!

Master Ghaleon
07-01-2003, 11:02 AM
You think the Mariners are lousy??? How bout the O's, Man. They are actually doing better then they have been expected to do, but they should be at least 500 now instead of losing to those close games the past week

Matteo
07-02-2003, 02:48 AM
Yeah its too bad you don't like the Yankees.. because their much better... hah.. the Red Sox and the Mariners are going down

Dracula
07-02-2003, 03:00 AM
My favorite team, (laugh if you must...) the Cubs, isn't doing so hot... Ever since the Sosa corked bat incident, they've been losing big time... A little advice for Sosa: Try corking the glove :)

I prefer football tho... :shrug:

Matteo
07-02-2003, 03:01 AM
I'd like to see the Cubs win something too.. its been almost 100 years heh

Dracula
07-02-2003, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by mattwdr
I'd like to see the Cubs win something too.. its been almost 100 years heh

Ah, that reminds me of a Steve Goodman song...

"The Dying Cubs Fan's Last Request" (http://www.baseball-almanac.com/poetry/po_cubs.shtml)

Starkist
07-02-2003, 04:12 AM
Arr... they desperatly need Kaz Sasaki back. He is out until August, and the Mariners forgot how to close out games. Leading the A's 2-1 in the 11th, they give up two runs and lose... :(

AlphaDawg
07-02-2003, 05:42 AM
... meanwhile the Phillies win another game on their last at-bat (against the aforementioned Cubs) and pull within 4.5 games of the Braves after they get pounded by the Marlins 20 (!) to 1. And they currently hold a 1.5 game lead in the wild card.

Dark_Legend
07-02-2003, 09:54 AM
WEll............ even though i hate baseball my favorite team is the New York Yankees!