PDA

View Full Version : RMK2K vs ZC

Mysterianer
06-29-2003, 07:35 AM
A question i´m always want to know...
A silent voice: The question: "Why can´t i speak and write english?
:) No not this ;)
But this:
Who use The RPG MAKER and who use ZC or OZ

DragonCommander
06-29-2003, 07:41 AM
Since RM2k is no longer in development in English, and I gave up on RM2k3 (yes, at one point I was going to translate it) ZC is the only one left.

Blonde799
06-29-2003, 08:39 AM
I use ZC, period. OZ is too complex for its own good, and RPGM2000+ is illegal. Although, I'd like some of RPGM's features in ZC.:p

Tsukuru
06-29-2003, 12:05 PM
I use and play ZC. There is a big difference between ZC and RM2k: people actually finish creating ZC Quests. Hardly anyone ever completed a full-length, fully-featured rpg using RM2k. People just lost interest by the time they get frustrated a million times over by either the complexity of RM2k or the horrid English translation.

TedHead
06-29-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by DragonCommander
Since RM2k is no longer in development in English, and I gave up on RM2k3 (yes, at one point I was going to translate it) ZC is the only one left.

RM2K3 has already been translated several times by people on the internet.

We're not allowed posting links to this... but try Kazaa.

Blonde799
06-29-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by TedHead
RM2K3 has already been translated several times by people on the internet.
Sadly, this is the kind of stuff that keeps the US from ever getting a legal translation.:rolleyes:

MottZilla
06-29-2003, 04:06 PM
I used to play ZC and use Zquest. I don't know. Nowdays I can make my own games. See signature. :O

Master Ghaleon
06-29-2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by DragonCommander

I got a english version..... Maybe its the one thats been hacked i dunno. But a RPG Maker is coming out for the PS2 which Im gonna get that.

The Savior
06-30-2003, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Blonde799
RPGM2000+ is illegal.

:shrug: So is ZC...

Daarkseid
06-30-2003, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by The Savior

:shrug: So is ZC...

Only the use of copyrighted material in ZC. The program itself is perfectly legal.

Ian
06-30-2003, 11:03 AM
I only use/play ZC. I could never really get into OZ, and I didn't really like RMK2K at all.

TedHead
06-30-2003, 01:08 PM
I like everything about RPG Maker except the battle system... it's really basic, simple, and ugly in my opinion. I'm thankful 2003 has a new one.

I had no problem with storyline, music, graphics, characters, worlds and ideas, but the problem was I didn't know how to balance all the leveling up and experience points and weapon powers and stuff to make it a good game. If it weren't for the RPG factor, I would have loved Rpg Maker.

Blonde799
06-30-2003, 01:26 PM
I like everything about RPG Maker except the battle system... it's really basic, simple, and ugly in my opinion. I'm thankful 2003 has a new one.

You know you didn't have to wait for 2003 to make a good battle system right?:p I actually stumbled across some on the net, unfortunately since I don't use any PC makers, I can't remember the site.:laughing:

TedHead
06-30-2003, 01:28 PM
I knew they had scripted new battle systems, but I was too lazy and I didn't really know what I was doing...

I like it better now that's it's an official battle system.

Daarkseid
06-30-2003, 07:10 PM
I knew they had scripted new battle systems, but I was too lazy and I didn't really know what I was doing...

I like it better now that's it's an official battle system.

That is kind of sad though. Your games would be much richer, I would think, if you had the ability to script decent custom battle systems. Not because you would necessarily need a new battle system, but having such skills would allow you to apply them to other areas of the game, making the game's experience much more unique than the average cookie cutter 16-bit console RPG that is what is the result of only using the most basic functions and concepts of RM2k.

TedHead
06-30-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Daarkseid

That is kind of sad though. Your games would be much richer, I would think, if you had the ability to script decent custom battle systems.

Key words are "if" and "ability" :D

Jawa Podracer
06-30-2003, 07:26 PM
I strictly use RM2K, and, IMO, I think I'm the most skilled at it at AGN(Though, I admit, I never made a real game, but I script basically anything you tell me to do). I would use ZC, and I used to, but I couldn't understand how to get custom graphics and what-not, so I gave up.

Also, there are a lot of really good full-fledged games for RM2K. There's even a 3-part Suikoden-esque sereis called Legion Saga. Look for it on Google or something. Also, In the Name of the Rose, a Blurred Line, Dragon Destiny, Jay's Journey, and Wedding Cake are a few of some of the best RM2K RPGs.

KJAZZ
07-01-2003, 01:12 AM
I like and use both of them. ;p

One Rm2k site is www.gamingw.net ...

Originally posted by Tsukuru
There is a big difference between ZC and RM2k: people actually finish creating ZC Quests. Hardly anyone ever completed a full-length, fully-featured rpg using RM2k.

If you go to the site I mentioned above, you'll find that you're wrong. IMO, only a handful of the quests that are released are any good, and most quests are planned, but aren't finished because lack of interest, graphics, or some other stupid reason.

Blonde799
07-01-2003, 03:48 AM
Both of them have that problem, but IMHO, 2k has it even worse with the amount of customization involved.

Raichu86
07-01-2003, 11:21 AM
I just use ZC. The download size of RM2K was just too big for me, and I very seriously doubt I'd ever manage to finish anything with it. :shrug:

When I tried Open Zelda, something was wrong with my DirectX, so I gave up on it. I really like the Open Zelda project, they're doing a good job on it. However, I'm just gonna stick with ZC.