PDA

View Full Version : Help Downloading

syphon_dragon
06-28-2003, 05:15 PM
i need help downloading ZC v.1.2 for windows.

ive found the download, and hav downloaded it, but it still says i have version 1.90. i dont get whats wrong. (by the way, im using WinZip to Zip the file) plz help!

Freedom
06-28-2003, 06:22 PM
what is zc 1.2?

I suggest you download the 182b192 and put it in a new folder all by itself (with all the files for it), and also get the 183 player.

the post talking to you about people outside was intended for version 182b192, and won't work with the 190

syphon_dragon
06-28-2003, 06:44 PM
oops. lol sorry, meant to type V 1.92

where can i download the 182b192 and the 183 player?

Freedom
06-28-2003, 10:18 PM
Your post at the beginning said you already found and downloaded it...
right?
so you must be doing it wrong.

It still says you have 190?
that must be because you are opening 190, and not the new one you downloaded right?

so...
Make a new folder, and call it beta182, then either find where you downloaded it to and transfer it, or download it all again, into that folder.

Rename the 182 player so you won't use it by accident to say....
X182.exe and when you play, play the 183.exe instead.

:O)

The only link I have for it is in the ZC Discussion forum HERE (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66621&perpage=100&pagenumber=1) but I understand that you can get it at either Purezc or Zelda Classic Network.

syphon_dragon
06-29-2003, 12:00 PM
ok. ill try re-downloading it.
also, for your Freedom2 quest, what tileset did you use? it looks kinda like an advanced version of the bs tiles. and is there a place i can download it, or did you make it?

EDIT: ok, i downloaded it, put it in its own folder, and its all set up. i click on it, and it does that little pop-up loading thingy at the begining. it says:

Allocating data buffers... OK
Initializing Allegro... OK
Loading Data Files... Error loading zgp.dat

thats what it says and it wont let me run it.:cry:

DragonCommander
06-29-2003, 12:57 PM
I had that problem. You need to grab the new version of the zgp.dat file. PZC have it in their Support Archive.

syphon_dragon
06-29-2003, 01:09 PM
ok! thanks! :0)

ummm.... wheres the "support archive"?

DragonCommander
06-29-2003, 01:16 PM
Try looking in the Downloads section. :rolleyes:

syphon_dragon
06-29-2003, 01:31 PM
i found it, but theres ANOTHER problem... now when i click on it, it says

Checking files... zquest.txt not found.

=( it gets annoying.........

Crazy_Link
06-29-2003, 01:37 PM
Look syphon, what ya gonna do is
1.Download 1.92 Beta 183 ZeldaClassic, and Beta 182 ZQuest to your desktop the support archive also
2.Make a folder on your desktop named Zelda Classic
3 Extract all the things you just downloaded(zquest,support archive,zelda classic) to the Zelda Classic folder on your desktop
4.Try it now.

got it. thats how I did and do mine.

syphon_dragon
06-29-2003, 02:58 PM
ok... ill try.

edit: i did all that, but it still didnt work.
im just going to give up...

Freedom
06-29-2003, 07:03 PM
You have to download ALL the files.
they all have to go in the SAME folder.

THEN first open ZQuest.exe and play a midi so the program will write you an AG file.

If a file is not there, like zquest.txt, or even the 1st quest, it won't run.

this isn't hard, just do what is posted above and it will work.

:O)

syphon_dragon
06-30-2003, 01:11 PM
ok. i think im getting alot closer.

i downloaded ALLL the stuff you guys told me 2, and i put it all in a folder on my computer's desktop. i click on the ZCv.1.92 and this screen pops up that says:
click the program you want to use to open the file 'ZC192' (what i named the file) if the program you want is not on the list, click other.

thats what it says.. ill try looking on the net for a pic of it so i can show you what it looks like.

but anyways, when i get to this i dont know what to do. (as you all prob. can tell by now, im very new to computers.)

EDIT: wtf. i tried running the program, but it still says i dont hav zgp.dat, when i downloaded the support archive.... its screwed up...

Freedom
06-30-2003, 02:35 PM
from above :O)

DragonCommander
Seasoned Veteran

I had that problem. You need to grab the new version of the zgp.dat file. PZC have it in their Support Archive.

that would be HERE (http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=home&act=zcdl) the third one down that says support archive.
Just download that all into the new folder with your zelda stuff, if there are doubles they will just over-write themselves, so you'll be good to go.

syphon_dragon
06-30-2003, 03:02 PM
ok.
also, thanks for all your time. Freedom, crazy_link and dragoncomander. im just a newb tryin ta learn the ropes! :0)

Crazy_Link
06-30-2003, 03:12 PM
So u got it 2 work?

syphon_dragon
06-30-2003, 06:54 PM
yep :))