PDA

View Full Version : Darknut Red and Blue

zed_cool
06-28-2003, 01:51 PM
:confuse2: I don't know if its just me but here's the thing. I played the original Zelda to Nintendo 8 Bits yesterday. And I met the darknuts, both red and blue. And I died. Ive newer died agnst Darknuts in ZC.. I have always feared the darknuts since I got the game 12 years ago. And here is the question. How can it be that the darknuts are so much harder on the 8 Bits and so easy in ZC? Is it made so or does it just seem so? Becuse of the grafics on the computer.. IF anyone can tell me why I will do something Ive never done before!! This question kept me awake this night and I dont want it to do it again!!

Thanks in advance, Zed :D

Blonde799
06-28-2003, 02:00 PM
Well let's see. The hammer was never in the original LoZ, so breaking their shields were impossible. There was no gold ring, master sword, or super bombs either. Hmm.

zed_cool
06-28-2003, 02:21 PM
No, I mean besides that.. With only items used in the original Zelda.

Blonde799
06-28-2003, 02:49 PM
Well, it could be that you weren't really used to the environment. I'm very good at playing ZC quests, but despite my skills, I sucked at LttP the first time I played it. I guess lack of experience may be the answer.

Starkist
06-28-2003, 02:59 PM
I believe there was a discussion quite a while ago about how the ZC darknuts don't quite mimic the LoZ ones exactly, something about their movement paths make them easier in ZC...

DarkFlameWolf
06-28-2003, 04:00 PM
yes, I believe the darknuts in ZC have a limited sense of tracking. For instance, they will continually try to be on the same 'row' as you.

Ganonator
06-28-2003, 06:02 PM
another major problem - you can hit them in more ways than one. As far as the original LoZ, you could ONLY hit them with a direct hit from the back. In ZC, you can do some fancy finger tricks, and get around this.

DarkFlameWolf
06-28-2003, 07:19 PM
well, I forgot about that, yes. You can also hit Darknuts on the side now in ZC and also hit them full frontal with any weapon as long as you face in the opposite direction right before the hit registers. Its kinda cheap. So the original Zelda darknuts are extremely hard and a room full of 10 darknuts is way worse than a room full of blue wizzrobes in the original Zelda.

redmage777
06-29-2003, 10:46 AM
I've always hated Darknuts above all other monsters... Level 5 was the worst, I usualy went on to 6 first so I could get that last Heart I needed for the magic sword. By Lvl 8 They were a little more tolerable. After 5 & 6, Lvl. 7's Goryas were a welcome break from all the Darknuts and Wizrobes.

DarkFlameWolf
06-29-2003, 12:46 PM
yeah, I always wondered why level 7 was so easy compared to the levels around it.

MottZilla
06-29-2003, 04:15 PM
Considering the difficulty of cloning enemy behavior exactly, I'd say Phantom Menace did I good job with DarkNuts.

And I never noticed a difference in difficulty between ZC and NES Zelda, but then again, I'm a pro. :p

Blonde799
06-29-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by DarkFlameWolf
yeah, I always wondered why level 7 was so easy compared to the levels around it.
It was definitely a bad choice on the developer's part. But, I guess that was made up by obnoxious mazes and such.:p

zed_cool
07-02-2003, 02:18 PM
Well, You all anwserd my questoin!! Thank you!

ShadowTiger
07-02-2003, 08:00 PM
I'm not really sure, but I've never been able to use any of my Darknut tricks in the original NES Game. In ZC, they seem to work fine. :odd: I've been using them for the longest time now...

(See the Darknut thread at ZCN to see the tricks..)

Drakmyth
07-03-2003, 05:37 PM
In the original LoZ (which I was just playing) you could attack Darknuts from the sides. However, this is very difficult to do because the Darknuts wil, for the most part, try to follow you keeping their shields facing you. I noticed that the Darknuts in ZC don't follow you around nearly as much.