PDA

View Full Version : ED movie?

Warlock
06-27-2003, 08:06 PM
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news.htm

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem: Reuters reports yet another Nintendo game will become a movie - this time over at production company Hypnotic.

That game kicked ass, and had a great story too :D Sounds very promising :)

cyberkiller6276
06-27-2003, 09:05 PM
well...eternal darkness was an awesome game, so was metroid prime but i think that'll be a flop(mainly because of ecks vs sever:laughing:), but this movie, for some reason, i have confidence in it.

i cant wait for the punisher. im in the theatre and i see the big red poster with the black skull on it and it was so stunning.
and then i freaked out because thats how i am

Daarkseid
06-27-2003, 09:09 PM
The games Ecks vs. Sever were based on the movie, not the other way around. However, there was an Ecks vs. Sever game released for the GBA one year ahead of the movie. The reason for this, the movie got delayed by a full year.

Cloral
06-27-2003, 09:58 PM
...and it was still a total piece of crap. I would've walked out on it except that I was with my friend whose father works for the company responsible. I would honestly say it is the worst movie I've seen in the past 4 years.

One good thing about Eternal Darkness is it is a name that not too many people will recognize. So they won't immediately go 'oh, another game movie'.

Warlock
06-28-2003, 12:40 AM
Yeah, exactly.. Not to mention, the storyline of the game was quite good. I mean, a lot of the time you see Hollywood trying to make movies out of crap like Mario, where there really ISN'T much of a story there.. it's just jumping on turtles and shooting fireballs. So they make up all this crap to make it into an actual movie, and it ends up being rediculously bad.

I'm actually surprised there are not more movies based on RPGs. They would work great (and I am not counting Final Fantasy as that wasn't really based on Final Fantasy at all except maybe the fact that they used the name Cid and Square made it.. haha... if they are gonna do a FF movie, it should either have Moogles or Chocobos at least.. then they can call it FF :D -- incidentally, FF7 would make a great movie).

But anyways, yeah, there are a lot of plot twists and surprises in the game, which is great. There is a lot of stuff that will confuse the hell out of you at first, until the end where it all comes together and makes perfect sense.. that was one of the great things about the game :D

The only thing I am wondering is how exactly they will handle it.. I mean, the game itself was told in sort of a "chapter" form.. where you'd find pages, then play different time frames. Would that work in a movie tho? I mean, I suppose it could. You could have her find the book, start reading (perhaps get rid of the page finding - stick them all in there at the start), and then it would sort of flashback to all these timeframes.. I dunno tho..

I suppose we will see eventually :) heh..

Speaking of video game movies tho, wtf happened to Metroid? Havn't heard a word about it since last year I think.. I guess they are working on it.. although I would at least like to know who's playin' Samus :)