PDA

View Full Version : NEWB needs major assitstance!

syphon_dragon
06-25-2003, 09:11 PM
hi.

i just downloaded ZC about 20 mins. ago, and im stumped. i dont know how to do barely anything! if some could plz plz plz point me in the direction of a walkthru, or if sum1 could just assist me on these boards, that'd b great!

thanks!

Freedom
06-25-2003, 09:21 PM
How can someone fix something when they don't know what's broke?

Help doing what?

syphon_dragon
06-25-2003, 09:29 PM
lol good point.

what i mean is i dont understand how to use ZC. i dont get how to make the map, add in ppl, charecters, items ect.
i just dont understand. lol i know i sound pathetic.

Blonde799
06-25-2003, 09:44 PM
Ok. The program labeled "zelda" is the player, to play your quests. "zquest" is the creation tool, to make your own quests.

This is a basic tutoral by AlphaDawg(I know IDK will probably plug his in too, but this is just a basic one):
http://www.casadealphadawg.com/zc/zqtutorial/

syphon_dragon
06-25-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by syphon_dragon
lol good point.

what i mean is i dont understand how to use ZC. i dont get how to make the map, add in ppl, charecters, items ect.
i just dont understand. lol i know i sound pathetic.

thanks!!!! :)

Freedom
06-25-2003, 11:19 PM
One thing the tutorial doesn't tell you, that confuses everyone at first is how to move the combos on the right, so you can place them on the screen.

Hold "shift" down and press page up and page down.

:O)

Blonde799
06-26-2003, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by Freedom
One thing the tutorial doesn't tell you, that confuses everyone at first is how to move the combos on the right, so you can place them on the screen.

Hold "shift" down and press page up and page down.

:O)
Very good. Although it didn't confuse me, as I went to "Options" in the Etc. menu, and changed the mouse scroll option.:p

syphon_dragon, you should probably experiment a bit, and see what everything does, and consult the help tutorial inside ZQuest by going to the Etc. menu->help.

syphon_dragon
06-26-2003, 07:54 AM
ok. thanks every1 for da help!

also, im confused about 1 more thing. ive made a quest, but i dont know how to get it to play my quest, and not the 1 already installed....

Tsukuru
06-26-2003, 09:19 AM
In the file select screen you first register your name. Then select the new file and press A to browse through your quest files and select the custom quest you want to play.

syphon_dragon
06-26-2003, 09:38 AM
thanks alot! yea! now i know how to play my quests! lol

syphon_dragon
06-26-2003, 10:04 AM
????

awwwwww! it wont woRk. i pRob. just DiDnt unDERstanD you. coulD u plz REphARsE it? thanks!

Tsukuru
06-26-2003, 11:07 AM
Open Zelda Classic, press start to go to where you select which game you want to play. Select 'register a new file' then type in the name you want. Press the 'A' button (whatever key you have ZC set to the nintendo 'A' button) and select custom quest by press 'A' again. Press start once you've loaded the custom quest to play.

Freedom
06-26-2003, 12:04 PM
How to set a quest (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59715)

(found in ZC Discussion)

syphon_dragon
06-26-2003, 08:52 PM
ok, 1 last quEstion,
I noticED in othER ppls quEsts, thEvE gottEn bEttER gRaphics, (likE: acual builDings, Rain, anD stuFF likE that) how Do you gEt that? Also, whERE can i FinD a DownloaD FoR thE nEwEst vERsion? (i FounD 1 ouncE, but it DiDnt woRk)

EDIT: ok. sorry Vel. i didnt even know there was an edit button.

syphon_dragon
06-26-2003, 09:02 PM
FREEDo/\/\, I FounD youR quEst(FREEDo/\/\ 1) anD i want to play it. wat vERsions DoEs it woRk 4? i hav 1.90

(sRRy EvERY 1 4 typing wEiRD. /\/\y CO/\/\P is vERY scREwED up Right now :((

Tsukuru
06-26-2003, 09:50 PM
Those other graphics are different tilesets. There are various ways of starting a new quest with a different tileset, just PM me and I'll give you a detailed explanation.

VEL
06-26-2003, 10:39 PM
syphon_dragon please don't post multiple times in a row, it is against the rules. Please use the "edit" button to edit your last post instead.