PDA

View Full Version : What do dreams mean to you?

Blonde799
06-25-2003, 09:05 PM
Ok, everyone should look at themselves and their dreams after reading this thread, as I want to know if I have psychic powers or something.:p

Two weeks ago, I had a dream in which there was a Lupin 3 game for the PS2(Lupin is an anime based off an old non japanese novel, can't think of the name), and behold, I find a preview for the game, with the same gameplay elements my dream had! Scary.

Then, just a few hours ago, I had a dream of which I lost an auction to some idiot who made a ridiculous amount of bids to outbid me. Then as I wake up, there was a few seconds til the auction ended, and I lost.:( I look at the bid history, and there it was, some idiot who made over 7 bids, each were one dollar over the other, until it got one dollar over my maximum bid amount. There was some good that came from the sadness though. While that nutcase had to pay over $40 for the item they won(the item wasn't even worth $10), I found the same item somewhere else, for $7!:D W00t! Haha, the most dedicated do win......sometimes.:)

So, what I experieced, was some kind of premonition, or something. That made me think for a bit. What do dreams mean to you guys?

TedHead
06-25-2003, 11:01 PM
A chance to do everything fun that you can't do in real life! Some people I know have their dreams just run as a movie, but in my dreams I actually know it's a dream, so I run around in them like crazy doing whatever the heck I want! It's awesome.

Besides that, I don't think dreams are anything more than leftover thoughts from your day.

Skulkraken
06-26-2003, 12:29 AM
I'm not sure if my dreams mean anything. Is it a bad thing if you have a two-dimensional dream? I once had a dream which was a recreation of a Mario Bros. game. Other times, it was a recreation of games like Sonic or Castlevania.

Ganonator
06-26-2003, 01:28 AM
Most of my dreams are 'game oriented' where there are specific rules and a linear fashion. Other times, they are simply movie dreams.

I started a dream journal for the last month of school, and when I was reading through it about a month ago, there was one that i was microwaving nacho cheese in?? yeah...

and TedHead - that's called Lucid Dreaming; a type of dream that is the hardest to master and people around the world try to have that happen to them. I've had 1 in my lifetime.

Blonde799
06-26-2003, 04:13 AM
I have a lot of those lucid dreams.:) Although it kinda sucks when you have those XXX movie dreams.

"Yeah! I'm gonna score!"

*wakes up*

"NOOOOOOOOOOO!":laughing:

Drunken Tiger
06-26-2003, 04:34 AM
I dont really think much of dreams but then again, if you dont sleep well, you cant actually dream..

But lately alot of that dejavu stuff has been happening ... :shrug:

TedHead
06-26-2003, 11:12 AM
I don't think Deja Vu really has anything to do with dreams, because whenever I have Deja Vu, I just have the feeling that it has happened before, but I can never remember actually dreaming it.

Once I was sitting down somewhere beside my friend and I was like "Whoa! Deja Vu!" and then she laughed at me because it actually did happen already the week before, in which I also said "Deja Vu!". I hadn't remembered any of that.

Ian
06-26-2003, 11:36 AM
I always have Deja Vu, at least once a week. Usualy I just feel like I've seen/done something exactly like it, and once I predicted what would happen, and it happened. For instance, once I thought I had Deja Vu while I was at school. And then I thought about it, and I figured I'd seen it in a dream, so I guessed at what would happened, and almost the exact same thing did happen.

Now, back to dreaming. Usually, I don't know that I'm dreaming, but I still do things that I normally wouldn't. Usually I don't think about anything I do at all in my dreams (while IRL, I'm always thinking about what I'm doing). Thoguh, occasionally, I have dreams where it's totally bizzare, and I find that I can do anything in them.

Then there's day dreaming. I do that a lot. Not always in the day, but just when I'm bored, or have free time, I think of things, and just watch it through like my very own movie.

J.J. Maxx
06-26-2003, 01:15 PM
I've had about half-dozen lucid dreams. They are very cool. In every dream I ever have, I fly around. Starngely enough, my dreams have been evolving since I was young. There's a certain way I have to fly and it's taken me years to figure it out correctly. Now I can fly pretty high. :thumbsup:

TedHead
06-26-2003, 03:38 PM
Once in one of my dreams I could fly by wiggling my pinky finger, and when I did, that whistle noise that plays in Super Mario Bros. 3 went off. Like when you hold down B to run and then the little P meter gets to the top? You know?

Anyways...

Ian
06-26-2003, 04:51 PM
I also have lots of dreams where A) My eyes are very heavy, and I can barley see because I'm squinting so much B) I fall.......A LOT. Once I fell off a plane, jumped off a cliff, fell off my house, and I think I jumped off another plane before it exploded. Though, all in different dreams, they all felt alike. Oh, I did have my pants on in all of these occasions :p

Erasul
06-26-2003, 06:59 PM
My dreams are always from my perspective (from my eyes). I'd say about 50% of my dreams are real, meaning they actually happen. I looked into it and it's called precogntion. When the dreams actually happen I feel like I'm having Deja Vu but I remember dreaming it. I always tend to freak out a little bit when it happens.

Ian
06-26-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Erasul
When the dreams actually happen I feel like I'm having Deja Vu but I remember dreaming it. I always tend to freak out a little bit when it happens.

I do the same thing, sometimes I kinda give myself the eyebrow ( :eyebrow: ) but it's scary when it really does happen, it's almost like it came right out of a movie.