PDA

View Full Version : The Onion Presents... Dental Hygiene Tips

Starkist
06-25-2003, 04:53 PM
As the old saying goes, "Ignore your teeth, and they'll go away." Here are some helpful hints for keeping that smile bright and healthy for years to come:

Maintaining an entire mouthful of 32 healthy teeth can be a daunting task. Instead, just focus on 10 or 12 of your favorites.

Toothbrush technology has made remarkable leaps in recent years. Select a toothbrush so advanced, you have no clue how to use it.

If, while flossing, your gums begin to bleed, give them at least six months to heal before attempting to floss again.

Befriend a tiny African bird with whom you can develop a symbiotic relationship in which he picks fragments of food from your teeth.

To reduce wear and tear on your teeth, stick to soft foods like pudding and frosting.

Contrary what today's kids think, it is not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth.

Brushing should always be done up and down, not with violent stabbing motions.

If you wear dentures, avoid soaking them in Coca-Cola overnight.

Brush in the morning and before bed, as well as before and after every meal. Quit your job if necessary.

Remember those red tablets they used to pass out at school that, when chewed, revealed the invisible plaque on your teeth? Those were so cool.

Avoid patronizing dentists who received their degrees from the University Of Berlin Dental School between 1932 and 1945.

If Toothopolis is threatened by the Cavity Creeps, immediately activate the alarm that shouts, "Cre-est!... Cre-est!"

An electric toothbrush is an excellent choice if you are such a lazy [person] that you can't even move a toothbrush up and down.

Dentists have built an entire industry on the perception that they and they alone can provide dental care. Come on, use your common sense.

Ganonator
06-25-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Starkist
Maintaining an entire mouthful of 32 healthy teeth can be a daunting task. Instead, just focus on 10 or 12 of your favorites. Oh!! you are supposed to do more than just 8? i need to start over then...

slothman
06-25-2003, 05:11 PM
I have a real question but this is a good as any to ask. Do Wisdom teeth count as part or the 32? Since alot of people have them removed it would seem no but I think yes.

Starkist
06-25-2003, 06:44 PM
Yes. I have a total of 28 teeth, after getting the four wisdom teeth removed a year and a half ago.

TheGeepster
06-26-2003, 05:44 AM
Wisdom are teeth #1, 16, 17, and 32, according to the dental numbering system.