PDA

View Full Version : Van Buren/Fallout 3

VashdeStampedo!
06-24-2003, 06:21 PM
Well, it may be underway (finally). BIS has a new project, codenamed "Van Buren", which many fans believe to be Fallout 3. And not without good reason; the head of the team (JE Sawyer) has been frequenting the popular Fallout communities asking what fans would want in FO3. That, and Interplay is suffering severely due to backlash from their own stupidity, which has taken a physical (or rather, code-based) manifestation in the game Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel, which claims to have removed the boring plot aspects of Fallout: Tactics, a game with no plot. It also has removed just about anything related to Fallout other than a few names; the setting, icons, groups, ideals, et cetera don't fit.

Anyhow, Fallout 3 is just what I need right now. I just hope it's good, with a good plot, lots of quests and things to do (and not just filler, like they have in most games). Preferably set near Fallout 1 (time setting), but in a new, unexplored region. I'm looking forward to it, and just hope they keep it non-crappy.