PDA

View Full Version : The AGN Community

Tsukuru
06-24-2003, 02:18 PM
In computer literacy we learned about the rules of netiquette at this site (http://www.albion.com/netiquette/corerules.html). Most of it was nothing new to me, and it made me realize how much better AGN is than a lot of the other online communities I've been a part of.

Rule 1: Remember the Human
I've noticed (mostly in ASWGL and Rock Bottom) that people can be friendly around here as well as understanding

Rule 4: Respect other people's time and bandwidth
This rule is kept pretty well around here by the moderators, and when someone is out of line they whip them back in pretty efficiently. The whip's been cracked on me a couple times in the past. ;)

Rule 5: Make yourself look good online
Hm ... how many people actually do this effectively? I can't help myself from breaking it. Moocow, you know how I feel about you, you vixen you.

Rule 6: Share expert knowledge
There are plenty of people here who know what they're talking about (I'm rarely one of those people), and it's refreshing to see people make intelligent arguments without resulting to personal attacks as I see on so many other message boards.

Rule 7: Help keep flame wars under control
AGN has efficiently handled this rule by GB. It was a great idea, allow flaming in one forum. It's like what they do in Amsterdam. There is one sector where drug use is legal. Crime is low there, and the police are bored out of their minds.

Rule 9: Don't abuse your power
Power abuse isn't a problem here at all, although some of my more regrettable comments from GB say other wise.

Rule 10: Be forgiving of other people's mistakes
People here generally forgive and forget with time, which makes it so easy to become a part of this community.

I think I'll be here at AGN for a while.

moocow
06-24-2003, 02:47 PM
YAY! *claps*

:)

Glad you'll be around a lot!

jamper
06-24-2003, 04:20 PM
Oh no... you've posted a link to something that I had to give a report on in a class featuring the worst teacher in the world. She treated us like a kindergarten class...

Anyways, that's off topic. Have a fun stay Tsukuru. :)

stormwatcheagle
06-24-2003, 04:42 PM
what about 2 and 3?