PDA

View Full Version : Best GameCube Deal

Tsukuru
06-24-2003, 02:01 PM
I'm looking into getting a game cube, and I was wondering if anyone here knew a good deal. The best I've been able to find so far is at ebgames.com $149.99 with a one free choice of four games. I'd get Wind Waker!

Jawa Podracer
06-24-2003, 02:05 PM
That's about the best you'll get. Unless you buy it used, you'll get it for $100 with no free game, with is pointless. My friend was lucky enough to get a GameCube, two controllers, MOH:Frontline, Wave Race:Blue Storm, Super Mario Sunshine, and some other game(he sold it before he told me the name) for $100 from some kid. The kid had to sell it because he couldn't pay the bills.

vegeta1215
06-24-2003, 02:10 PM
Aren't they also giving out those preview discs along with the free game? That's a good deal. I got my GCN back in March and got Metroid Prime for free (which is a really good game).

I also found a great deal at Best Buy a few months back: they were selling GCN carrying cases with one Wave Bird controller for only $30! The Wave Bird costs about $30 by itself! It was a great deal, and I love playing without a cord. I'd highly recommend getting a Wave Bird.

War Lord
06-24-2003, 02:42 PM
You can get a Game Boy Player with it when you buy one now. I got my game boy player today, its awesome.

me2
06-24-2003, 02:45 PM
In houston, i saw on a commercial that you buy a GC for $150, get WW and another game free. It's gone now.

MottZilla
06-24-2003, 03:31 PM
I'd want the GameBoy Player if I had more GBA games to play. :O I only have one, CV CotM.

Jawa Podracer
06-24-2003, 07:23 PM
Well, I heard COTM is dark, so play it on the GC and higher the brightness on the TV.

MottZilla
06-24-2003, 08:32 PM
For what? 50$s? hah. If I wanna play it on a TV that's why I have my PC with TV Out.

Jawa Podracer
06-24-2003, 08:38 PM
Yes, but that's also illegal. But, your crimes aren't my business.

Anyway, I'll probably be getting a GB Player, since my brother hates the GBA screen(He can't grip the GBASP since his left hand is handicapped). I think Advance Wars would be awesome all big-screeny-like.

vegeta1215
06-25-2003, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by War Lord
You can get a Game Boy Player with it when you buy one now. I got my game boy player today, its awesome.

How well do original Gameboy and Gameboy Color games look on it? The reason I ask is cause though the GBA plays those games, GBC games colors are noticibly darker, and I was thinking for as big as the GB Player is, maybe they fixed that or added some cool things.

MottZilla
06-25-2003, 04:30 AM
Don't act all policey. Believe it or not it's not illegal to have TV out... Not to mention it's perfectly legal for me to get a ROM image of THE GAME I PAYED FOR. :O

redmage777
06-25-2003, 10:02 AM
Since I already have 2 games (Wind Waker & Master Quest) when I finaly get a 'Cube I'll be set. And If I can bag one of those goodies as well... So if it comes with a free game what do you recommend? (as I said, I already have Windwaker)

War Lord
06-25-2003, 10:05 AM
get the free gameboy player. Then you can play the thousands of GB titles as well.

ShadowTiger
06-25-2003, 11:09 AM
I plan to whenever I can.

Another great deal on the Gamecube (Or anything else, for that matter. :odd: ) is to just get everything used. I know that at this point a lot of you will be thinking to yourself, "But what if the merchandise is broken?" Well, they do test it out in the store beforehand, believe it or not. I mean, they actually do, because y'see, I have a major history of getting broken things like this, even from the slightest bit of dust. But when I got my Gamecube Refurbished, (Which actually cost $10 less than a Used Gamecube, for whatever reason, :rolleyes: ) and a used controller, and a used SSBM, (Which was my sole purpose for getting the system.) and a used memory chip, the total was only about $204.67, in which I won't even look at the amount of money I had saved had I purchased it fully new.

So get it used. Never fear. If it's broken, just go back and send it back in. :shrug:

Dracula
06-25-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Mottzilla
I'd want the GameBoy Player if I had more GBA games to play. :O I only have one, CV CotM.

You better get your ass movin' you GOTTA get HoD and AoS... :blah:

Anywho, the best deals MIGHT be over at eBay... You never know what kinda stuff you'd find there...

MottZilla
06-25-2003, 02:18 PM
I already have both roms on my PC. I personally was a bit disapointed with the GBA and CV CotM, that now I just look at the ROMs to see if it's really worth spending money on. Forinstance, I didn't buy Metroid Fusion because I played it first. Unlike any other system, you ussually can't rent or preview a GBA game, unless you emulate it, or borrow it from a friend. Anyway, I bought Soul Calibur 2 for GC, so I'm good for GC things for awhile anyway. I'll probably pick up wind waker later when it's cheap and used. Other than that I really can't think of anything else out now that I want. I'd probably get Mario Kart, again, used and not full price. I might buy twin snakes new. Is there really anything else good coming out though?

redmage777
06-25-2003, 02:48 PM
I wouldn't have bought Wind Waker if it wern't for Master Quest. I wonder if you could get it used?

Ganonator
06-25-2003, 05:00 PM
I think that this deal is still at Target - $159.99 nets you Mario Party 4, and a game of your choice. That's a hot deal, and we sell lots of them.