PDA

View Full Version : ZC AGN Mod History?

ShadowTiger
06-24-2003, 01:30 PM
In the ... year... that I've been here, I've seen quite a few people passed the honorable torch of ZC Moderationalhoodshipthing, (whatever.) but I can't help but wonder. What lucky group of 4 were moderators before any of us came? To be more specific, who was one, and what and when altered that?

For example, I remember Cyclone being one, as well as Jigglysaint. I remember when VEL and Plith came aboard, then Darkflamewolf, but who was before VEL? Know what I mean?

And When was Cloral placed in?

It's like.. it all belongs in a museum somewhere. :)

Tsukuru
06-24-2003, 01:45 PM
I've always wondered about things like this, along with AGN's actual history and how it started. That sort of information isn't even archived. There should be page with all this information. And it does seem like it should be in a museum, especially legends like TSA (looking back through the archives).

Hm ... went a little of the ZC mod history topic, but it's all the same.

Jigglysaint
06-24-2003, 02:55 PM
Well I remember that Lord Cronic and bigjoe and daark and some others were in. I think many of the senior mods and admins got there start at these special forums. I find that if you can handle ZC, then greatness is added, but fail and you don't go forward again. Also some people who have gone to greatness have had their countinance fallen because of other issues.

I just like being a regular member again where I don't have the temptation to rig polls and lock that I deam inapproprate. I also enjoy the revoked access to Forum Staff as now I don't have to feel obligated to add my two cents where it isn't welcome.

Starkist
06-24-2003, 03:19 PM
Weren't Glenn and AlphaDawg once ZC mods too?

ShadowTiger
06-24-2003, 04:38 PM
I can see that happening, .. but... Well, yeah. :sweat: I can see where you would get that from. They're both big on ZC and all.

I wonder where Cloral got his start. (And God Bless 'em.)

VEL
06-24-2003, 05:28 PM
I did some searching and here is what I found.

In August 2001 the mods of the ZC forums where Dragon, Orion, Daarkseid, Lord Cronic

In October 2001 the mods of the ZC forums where GuitarmanTim, Orion, Hypercrash, Cyclone

ShadowTiger
06-25-2003, 11:27 AM
Oh, right. Thank you VEL! :kawaii: BTW, where did you find these? I can only suspect that they were buried in the AGN archives...

VEL
06-25-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Britannianhero4
Oh, right. Thank you VEL! :kawaii: BTW, where did you find these? I can only suspect that they were buried in the AGN archives...

I used this site (http://www.archive.org/) to look at old AGN forum pages.

Tsukuru
06-25-2003, 01:51 PM
How were you able to view the archives if the webmaster had robots.txt installed?

Shadowblazer
06-25-2003, 02:11 PM
In July 2000, the mods were Nightmare, mottzilla, Warlock and Shadowblazer, if I recall correctly. It's been a long time, but I seem to recall those being the dudes.

Jigglysaint
06-25-2003, 02:37 PM
wow, mighty Shadowblazer a lowly mod? Well it goes to show that what I did say was true, ZC mods are either destined for greatness, or end up like somebody who's last name is Great...

VEL
06-25-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Tsukuru
How were you able to view the archives if the webmaster had robots.txt installed?

I could only view some of the older pages, and I searched with some of the older web addresses like http://forums.armageddongames.com
http://boards.armageddongames.com

Kirby of Doom
06-26-2003, 10:54 AM
While we're on the subject of ancient AGN, I saved a few of the Hyrule Chronicles things when they were around a few years ago. I tried a few months ago to put one of them on my site so I could post about it, but I wasn't able to figure out how to get the pictures to work. I figured it out :D but remember it's still a work in progress:

http://www.geocities.com/lenny131/evolutionoflink.htm

DarkDragon
06-27-2003, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Jigglysaint
wow, mighty Shadowblazer a lowly mod? Well it goes to show that what I did say was true, ZC mods are either destined for greatness, or end up like somebody who's last name is Great...

That surprises me too. I was under the impression that Shadowblazer, being part of the AGN "company," had always been an admin, along with Warlord, Phantom Menace, Dark Templar, and Radium. (I'm sure I'm leaving some out, as well. Warlock, perhaps?)

MottZilla
06-27-2003, 03:35 AM
Dark Templar wasn't always admin (and isn't now). I'm not certain Radium was. I don't know though... it's been 3 years or so. :O

But I was a ZC mod way back then. Back when I actually played ZC and Phantom Menace was still here.

Shadowblazer
06-27-2003, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by DarkDragon
That surprises me too. I was under the impression that Shadowblazer, being part of the AGN "company," had always been an admin, along with Warlord, Phantom Menace, Dark Templar, and Radium. (I'm sure I'm leaving some out, as well. Warlock, perhaps?) Nope, I think the three admins when I joined were War Lord, Phantom Menace and Nutz4Linux. Possibly Hylian too. Warlock and myself joined the boards at the beginning, but didn't become admins until a few months later. Same with Dark Templar. Radium was made an admin as soon as he joined, as he was working with War Lord on a game, doing graphics I believe. I don't recall which one at this point (might have been Shattered Earth, might have been Men in Blue) but he actually didn't join until the boards had been established for awhile.

But anyway, Warlock and myself moved through what was the standard progression for awhile. ZC mod, then GD mod, then a few other forums here and there until our work for AGN both on and off the boards was so much that War Lord decided to make us "part" of AGN. I recall working day and night helping out with Mega Man Central, what was to be the grandest Mega Man site ever to exist. Alas, it's gone the way of Hyrule Atlas, lost to the mists of time where only the most hardcore will ever remember it ;)